Star Defense Guide/Help/Tips thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fxer, Sep 23, 2009.

1. fxer

fxer Member

Sep 23, 2009
    So after a bit of googling around I don't see any tips from Star Defense veterans on the net. What techniques work for you, how are you unlocking the harder challenges?

Currently my personal challenge is failing twice to survive 100 waves on Outpost D-13, both times getting up to wave 80. One time with a balanced mix of towers, one time with only quantum launchers and gauss cannons.

What knowledge do you have to share?

2. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I haven't survived 100 waves on Outpost D-13. I failed on wave 98 :(

I used flame, quantum and slow. Though the slow tower is difficult to place effectively. I think I just need to tweak my formation of towers a bit and I'll finish OK.

3. GregA

GregA New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I too am looking for information on tower strengths etc.

Questions like....
    Is it better to place on a bend (to get greater range around the bend), or between trails so it shoots on both sides of the trail?

Do people do much selling of towers? (ie: setup differently as their cash and upgradability increases)

Do multiple shots of fire cause much extra damage? Does it increase the length of the burn?

Is it better to space towers further apart - so that a turret doesn't shoot at something that is already on fire and dying?

How much better is the big gun turret than an upgraded little turret.

What damage does the electrical tower do?

etc etc