Would you buy CoD zombies DLC?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sk8erdude50, Nov 21, 2009.

1. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I want this game badly, but the thing that turned me off was how greedy the devs of this game are. I mean seriously, $10 was an ok price (not a ripoff, but not nearly a steal). And now they want you to pay more money to get more than one map. I think thats completely insane, but I was wondering if you guys are planning to get the map DLC, and how you feel about it.

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Depends.
    If the maps are $0.99 then yeah, I probably will buy them.
    But if they are more then I probably won't.
    Either way, this game is still much better and than Eliminate and less of a rip-off also :)

3. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I would buy more maps if they were no more than $1.99. If they really want our money why dont they just put the actual cod game the iPhone and charge us $20 - $30 for it and watch become the #1 app the minute it's released and most likely stay there, they already proved it can be done.

4. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah but for no more than $2. The $10 for the initial game/map was expensive enough for this type of iphone game and its basically just a port over from the console version.

5. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    I just don't see why this wasn't put in the actual thread... :confused:

But, I will most likely buy the DLC, just because I've always bought DLC from all Call of Duty games... I love it that much! :D

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
  7. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    The market is a little spoiled imo. 10 dollars is a perfectly reasonable price for a such a great game I'll gladly pay for DLC as long as its not like 5 dollars. :p

8. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    hell, i'll even buy better control config!

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Most def. $3 if the new maps have different weapons and zombies! I'm not sure if they're making totally new ones or just porting them over, but a map with a side overlooking a river where you have to shoot the zombies as they swim across, or as they scale the wall would be amazing.

10. str1f3

str1f3 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I'd go a $1 higher or so. I disagree that Eliminate is a ripoff considering the game is free. There was just a lot of dopey people who, it seems, were spending $50 just to get to a higher level.

As it is, I do think COD was worth the money, but only after actually having played it. Right now it is definitely the best FPS on the iPhone right now. I'm a little tired of the competitiveness and levelling in Eliminate and welcome co-op.

11. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Right now you get one map for $9.99. I would expect them to offer the next map for $9.99 as well, why on Earth would they offer it for less? Some devs are already overvaluing their DLC for things as simple as skins ($19.99 for a skin is insane).

12. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Attack... that is just ridiculous to say. It would be completely insane to charge $40.00 for the total of 4 maps that are for the xbox and pc versions. The actual game is only $50.00 for the PC and zombies is only a tiny minigame in it.

13. str1f3

str1f3 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    That would be a ridiculous price and no one would buy it. It's just a different map. That already be 1/3 the price of MW2 for two maps on a iphone game.

14. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Good call! Whatever we have to do to get the game the way we want it. :)

15. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'll probably get Verrukt if it comes at a reasonable price. If there's any way they can make DLC free without update they'll probably do that considering the price we paid for this.

16. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Who knows. If were lucky thy will sell a bunch of maps for $0.99 like in C&C.

17. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I am not going to buy this game until I see what the DLC is like. If it is a rip off price then I will pass on the game but if not, I'm happy to pay $9.99 plus like another $10 for 3 or 4 maps

18. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Short of them milking me for another $10, I can see myself picking up all the maps. For those bitching about the price, feel free not to buy it,...stick to your "widdle .99cent games" while the rest of us enjoy the premium market.

19. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I'LL BUY IT IF THE DLC COSTS ME MY HOUSE PAYMENT!!
    then i would be so gangsta

20. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    In my mind...it's already bought.