Blades of Fury: How do you do the stupid Attack Combos?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by deiden26, Nov 29, 2009.

1. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I am having a really hard time doing the attack combos, is there something I am not getting here? I press the buttons the attack list indicates at the correct hights, but they don't seem to string together. I have only gotten a couple to work, and these are the simple ones involving direction simultaneously with an attack button. I always notice a lot of delay when I am trying to string together attacks. The game wants to complete the first attack before the second button press can be registered at all. This of course is not to mention the bewilderingly vague tutorial hint of using magic to use combos/improve a bad situation. It passes me through the tutorial even though all i see is me doing a horizontal attack and then a level one magic attack.

What am I not understanding?

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I have no frickin' idea what goes on when I'm playing, either. The controls just aren't that great. I try to string together a massive combo, and instead, I flail my arms upwards in the air menacingly.

3. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Sorry for bumping this, but I really could use an answer to my question. I really enjoy the game, it is just that I would enjoy it so much more if I knew how to play it :p

4. MuFFz

MuFFz Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    There's a combo list in the start menu.

5. The CEE

The CEE Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    What I do is press the buttons for the combo quickly and it usually works.

6. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    +1 I do it really quick as it is done with other fighting games and "Wham-bam-thank you mam"