NFL 2011 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by weisome, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    #1 weisome, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    ummm sounds good ummmmm many games for summer

3. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I really hope that improvements have been made on this one such as: actual official stadiums with better graphics, play mechanics and commentary. Although the commentary on last year's game was better than the limited repetitive snippets in Madden NFL 10, it still could be better. Last year's stadium and crowd graphics looked like cardboard cutouts pasted on a wall. The player animations were not very natural looking either. The actual NFL stadiums would be nice as well. Last year, there was only one stadium, although with every game the announcer stated that you were in the stadium of whatever the home team was. If you go through the trouble of securing an NFL license for the game, why not go all the way with the features? Outside of those things, the overall production and content of the game was very well done. Last year, I downloaded this and Madden 10 simply out of the excitement of having an official football game to play on my iPod touch. After the excitement went away, I deleted this and kept Madden 10 because of the issues mentioned above. After I played the PSP version of Madden 10 and realized how poor of a job EA did with the app store version, I deleted that from my device as well. It will be interesting to see which one of these stepped their game up, this year.

4. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Considering the NCAA game from EA is Madden 10 recloaked, I certainly wouldn't expect much from Madden 11 on iPhone.

NFL 11...who knows. At least Gameloft has the potential to put out a good portable football game. EA are too happy to rest on their laurels and say 'people will buy it because its from us'.

5. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    this BETTER have gameloft live

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    well, without actual gameplay video, no trailer will get me interested.

7. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
  8. DawnStarWarrior

DawnStarWarrior Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Awesome... Finally something new from Gameloft. Recently The've been living in a shell.

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Yeah..Where hero of sparta 2

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Can't wait!

11. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Gameloft will hit BIG with this if it has gameloft live

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I will agree that this has the potential to be better than Madden because Gameloft always attempts to take huge strides forward any time they create a sequel. Gameloft tries to push as hard as they can to improve a game the second time around instead of resting on their lurals.

However, I don't think the core of this company understands football. At it's heart, Gameloft is an international company. They have some ties to the U.S., but football is almost exclusively a U.S. sport and the bulk of Gameloft's operations are not U.S. based. Some of the mistakes that Gameloft made in NFL 2010 show a basic lack of understanding for the fundimental neuances of football.

13. Shunsui

Shunsui Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    #13 Shunsui, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  14. Gsmokey

Gsmokey Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    #14 Gsmokey, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    I'm not gonna lie I liked madde10 more than NFL10 but this year gameloft might have the edge if they have gameloftlive in this NFL11 also what would definitly be good for the game if they have instant replay ,a zoom in and zoom out feature ,and the challenge a play call ,that would really make it a more realistic feeling football game like the console but I'm not gonna get my hopes up on all those features happening for now ,anyway graphics look better hope the gameplay is to (let the battle begin) NFL11/madden11 let's get it on

15. Gsmokey

Gsmokey Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Is that Chad ochocinco dancing on the field in one of those screenshots that's funny but good funny ,good gameloft make the game as realistic as possible and please have instant replay

16. Shunsui

Shunsui Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Well as far as I know Gameloft Live does not mean online game but mainly like the gamecenter with trophies, friends and so on, isn't it?

Gameloft Liove looks to be a standard now for Gameloft

17. Shunsui

Shunsui Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
  18. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    #18 weisome, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  19. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Call it a feeling in my gut, but I think NFL 2011 has the potential to be better than Madden 10 if it can the difficulty level down pat. The problem I had with last year's Madden was the relative ease you had in winning. It was way too easy and it didn't help that the players all looked like octopus men with their funky arms and belly flops on the field. Judgment day awaits for both of these, and hopefully they don't disappoint.

20. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!