Do Italians have faster reflexes on Aves?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheBioReplicant, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBioReplicant

TheBioReplicant Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    #1 TheBioReplicant, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
    Its quite interesting from a developer's perspective to see the differences in reviews across countries for
    Aves, our 3D Bird Hunting Archery game.

Now that the dust has settled, we're getting ALOT of people, all around, who are enjoying Aves for the sake of its gameplay. I dont think branding it as a 'tech demo' is really all that accurate, given the new, non-shill, feedback. I honestly think its because they took a weee bit of time to actually develop the hand-eye coordination, which the game actually 'teaches' you, and understand the 'hook' in this game is an actual, physical-mental skill which increases over time.

But an interesting thing is Italy. We've had lots of positive feedback and reviews (and corresponding sales), which were completely generated spontaneously (no submissions for reviews, they picked it themselves). People really seem to enjoy the game right away and hone in on the bird and controls a little bit quicker.

Any thoughts why ? I'm curious what the senior members and very involved players think.

2. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    have the other races pitched in? :)

3. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Hmmmm.....

Well I'm American, but I'm sure if you dig really deep I have some Italian blood in me! I think my great great great grandma came to America from Italy....
    Back to level 25! Tally ho! :D

4. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    err as far as my knowledge goes, Italians belong to the Caucasian race and so do Americans and British, so there ain't any question about race.

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    It's probably just 'cause Italians are the best. At everything. 'nuff said. :)

6. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    Well I wasn't imply racial, but reflexes, ferrari, ducati... maybe in the culture ;) It was top #20 in simulation and on the top action list in italy.

7. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    untrue
    asians are all super smart
    well most that i know

8. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    No they are not, they are just more hardworking and that makes the whole difference. I live in India and I myself study like 4-5 hours everyday so that I can get into the best Law School here. I have some super geek friends who put in like 8 hours a day.

9. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    This is almost a racist thread. I don't like it. People are all different, and there are some people that are more gifted than others with hand-eye co-ordination and such. It's got nothing to do with race.

10. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Agree. From someone who must be a smart guy to have developed the physics engine, this is a pretty dumb question.

11. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009

Sorry Guys, I realize the connotations and apologize. The question is simply why is it doing better in Italy - a demographic marketing question. I may have phrased it inappropriately -

12. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    It's all steriotypes :D