The Jailbreak section

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by K?!, Dec 4, 2010.

1. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Shouldnt it be "jailbreaking and Cydia apps"? Installer isn't really used anymore:/

2. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Good point. It would be nice to have an experienced jailbreaker Moderate this forum.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Not sure how that'll help. In any case, Zincous is pretty up to date with jailbreaking scene.

About the forum name, that shouldnt be too difficult to change. I'll ask jared to change it once he's online here next time.

4. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

WHat is this fourm about exactly?

5. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    I haven't seen zincous post a single time in the jailbreak section and I'm sure if people are posting here asking for jailbreak help i doubt they want to wait weeks for an answer. I do support the name change though.
    Jailbreaking all things non piracy related that have to do with jailbreaking

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ahem, since when a mod is supposed to answer queries in a forum? The only thing mods are supposed to do is to make sure rules are followed. And for that, he doesnt really need to post. As far as answering the queries is concerned, you dont need to be a mod to do that. Anyone who konws the solution is allowed to post a reply even if he/she/it isnt a mod :p

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #7 MidianGTX, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    Zincous has answered my JB-related queries both in the JB forum and via visitor messages, so... he's around.

8. TopherWolf

TopherWolf Member

Nov 11, 2009
    what should i use for my 4g itouch running on 4.2.1

9. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I know a crap ton about jailbreaking, can I be the jailbreaking Mod?

10. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Erm, I still don't see why we need a specific mod just for the jailbreak section, since an active member does about the same...

11. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Use Limera1n or Greenpois0n
    They are both basically the same exploit and will require a re-jailbreak every time you turn off your idevice for iphone 4, ipt4, ipad, new boot 3gs AKA tethered. I believe the DEV team have announced a none tether jailbreak before Christmas!

:p

amen!