Are you tired of tower defense games or just not interested at all ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mean_monkey, Jul 29, 2009.

?

Are you tired of tower defense games or just not interested at all ?

1. I play TD games but had enough of this

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. I play TD games and I wish more of this genre on the iPhone!

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. I don't play TD games at all

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. mean_monkey

mean_monkey Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Male
    Game Developer
    Indonesia
    #1 mean_monkey, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    Looking at the current top 100 games in the appStore, I noticed there are only 2 tower defense game on the list (Field runners and geo Defense), and both are few month olds already. Field Runners is 9 month old already, and geo Defense is 5 month old.

So the conclusion is there are no recent tower defense game in the top 100 games list. That is an interesting fact.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That is indeed an interesting fact. Perhaps you could share with us another interesting fact. Perhaps one the explains to us purpose of this thread. Now that would be an interesting fact.

3. mean_monkey

mean_monkey Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Male
    Game Developer
    Indonesia
    The purpose is to find out the public thoughts about tower defense games on the iphone. And this is the correct forum for general game and discussion, isnt it? :)

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Im sick of all of them... except Defender Chronicles :)

I also have Fieldrunners, 7Cities, GeoDefense, and The Creep! I dont play any of those.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    You have passed the newbie test. I will no longer loathe you now ;)

I have the same stance as I did in the "I'm sick of retro games" thread, I honestly don't care how many there are, I just ignore them. As for playing them, I get ridiculously bored just watching the tiny little towers shoot the tiny little aliens. I'm more of an RTS person.

6. fazfznz

fazfznz Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Student
    California
    The whole TD theme is now trite

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I would vote for "I play TD games and I wish more of this genre on the iPhone!" multiple times if I could.

8. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    i have 7 cities star defense geo defense defender chronicles and fieldruners... none of them get any play time any more... but i would love to have a new great td

9. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    I've never come across TD genre until I had my iTouch and to be honest, I couldn't stand how I have to constantly monitor the game while I'm left with little things to do. Think I'm more of a action game guy.

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I enjoy TD games, looking through my list, I currently own:

7 Cities
    Battlefield
    Defender Chronicles
    Dungeon Defense
    Elemental TD
    FieldRunners
    geoDefense
    Sentinel
    Sentinel 2
    SweetWater Defense
    The Creeps
    TowerMadness

That's 12 TD games currently ON my iPod. Of those, I play all of them a few times per week except Tower Madness and Battlefield (because the others are better).

11. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    There's just too many of them coming out, its almost like the Flight Control outbreak. I'm not saying these games are bad but enough is enough, lets have some more originality. Finding an original game in the store is almost like finding a small diamond in the dirt. lol

12. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I have several of the newer ones and i play them everyday, especially Defender Chronicals. I say keep them comming!!

13. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I currently have Defender Chronicles and geoDefense on my iPhone. Both are very special TD games with the RPG stuff + voice acting and the retro puzzle stuff. I also own many others like Besiegement, 7 Cities and Fieldrunners. While I still recommend 7 Cities and Fieldrunners for Newbies, I'm tired of the basic TD games.

Let Red Alert come!

14. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I currently have - fieldrunners, geodefense, sentinel 2, defender chronicles, and star defense... all enjoyable to me...

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

If you think there are too many then ignore them. How does it affect your life what devs make. And if more games with the originality if DC came out, I don't think anyone would complain.