Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009

You're absolutely right about the upcoming changes in vehicle handling likely to be a disappointment. Given that Qwiboo wrote that he himself cannot get through "any of the extreme levels," it makes sense that he might appreciate the slight reduction in difficulty, but for us proven players it cuts to the core of what consititutes abusive iOS game administration. Any tweaks this late of the nature just described by Qwiboo merit time-out from Apple Gamecenter, if not from Toucharcade forums.

2. BryanBenji

BryanBenji New Member

Dec 6, 2011
    How did you get the coin? This is so frustrating now, I can get down to it in about a minute now quite regularly, but just cannot get that coin and must have had about 500 attempts! So you get stuck facing down, then accelarate and press forwards, so that the back wheel catches it, is that the right way? So tricky!! But I love the fact that it's tricky, it makes the game so perfect (and addictive!!)

3. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I will take qwiboo's word for it that the mechanisms are only "slightly" changed. I would just not like it for the third star of JB4 to be any easier for me than for people who have already achieved it. I am hoping that they address the randomness on corners (bike does tend to behave a little arbitrarily on the edges) rather than a code like (=IF(bike on ledge with rear end in air=True,Then Move Forward)) I have never been too leaderboard obsessive. But if someone is into it, even though he feels it's unfair that others will achieve his level of score due to easiness thrown in midway, truth is, whatever the level of difficulty, it's going to be common for everyone. So if someone is on say rank 500, and sees people going ahead of him because of easier gameplay, he can always try and better his scores with the same easier gameplay.

And I didn't know Qwiboo hasn't got through the extreme levels yet. I seriously wonder what sort of people did they beta test this with. I cannot imagine that they managed to get hold of a bunch of people who actually got through extreme and hard levels and suggested what the finish times, coin positions etc. should be. I am really curious how the devs managed to nail the 3-star goals to such absolute perfection, where it was super-difficult, but never totally impossible.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Hang on now. Hope you havent thrown your phone (or iPad) at a wall yet.

Trick is to go as deep as you can in that crevice without hitting the barrel. Then hit forward+Go with all your might (just touching will actually be enough, but I was really pressing it in). Let go of the gas only when you are airborne out of the crevice. (This is important so that you dont spin out of control when you eventually land). When you do get airborne, keep pressing forward. And finally when your front wheel is getting in line with the coin, Tilt back and kiss the coin with the FRONT WHEEL. You need to tilt back at the absolute correct moment. But once you get it, it's very easy to repeat. I required several tries after that coin, because of the damned planks not falling the way I wanted them to to get the next coin, or bungling while reaching the rocket after that, or after getting the rocket.

5. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just a question, is the front wheel drive enough to, say, get up the first jump on King's Castle after the back wheel falls off? It shouldn't be that powerful, because then King's Castle would probably become a medium or hard level, not extreme

6. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Not at all :) It's not there all the time, it kicks in only in few specific situations where you're almost somewhere and need that tiny little push not to fall down ;)

I almost regret telling you about it now, maybe you would not even notice. Well, better watch my mouth next time :D

7. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hmm, that sounds fine. Anyway, I think a lot of people like to hear what is in updates and what is to come. :D

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    A spoken word, and a posted post, can not be taken back. Especially if the post is in all bold. :p

But it sounds like a great update. I hope I can get the 3rd JB4 star before it though.

I was wondering about pros and cons of letting users decide 3-star goals for user created levels. Is that ever a possibility?

9. eflix

eflix Member

Oct 31, 2011
    design
    norway
    new tracks

AY7I (ay7i) (Cityrun)
    hard difficulty, multiple lines with increasing difficulty, shortcuts, hidden catapult mega shortcut and more!

AZRT (Walk in the park)
    medium difficulty, polished deco, branches, leaves and framed windows

Game Center name: EFLIX

10. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    #830 deto, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    The "front wheel drive" is definitely nothing to worry about. Spots where you will notice it is pretty much when you land dead on with the front tire. You can't really drive with it, its pretty much impossible :rolleyes:

The backwards reverse indeed doesn't help much, it just removes the frustration when you want to go backwards. Its much more enjoyable now.

As for QWIBOO not passing extreme levels. He is actually the voice of reason for us who do find hard levels easy.. and extreme levels a welcome challenge. Without him (and his lack of skill!) I would be blind to difficulty of the levels.

11. Jussi.MountainSheep

Sep 9, 2010
    Hi guys! :cool:

Here's some promo codes for Bike Baron! Give to your friends and family! We would like it if you could write a review on iTunes after using a code. Enjoy!

4XJ3TJTJLL7T
    4W3Y3LYFH6NM
    PLYMHX44XEAA
    R6N4XWMK9FW9
    RJ4HKMFPMNEA

-Jussi

12. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    All codes gone. Just to let others know.

13. Jussi.MountainSheep

Sep 9, 2010
    Here's 3 codes more!

444RMELAXATW
    MARFTXKH6JRP
    NPAY7LFKMYRN

-Jussi

14. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    OMG! Used NPAY7LFKMYRN, thanks a lot! ^_^b

15. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #835 Grubjelly, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    The update is out. Does anyone know whether unlocked bonus levels such as Joker Baron IV remain unlocked after updating?

EDIT:

Although I still have yet to update, I just noticed that my gamecenter rank has dropped from #21 to ~#40 in less than 10 minutes, presumably because of all the new levels that were added. Likewise, the previous #1, #2, etc have dropped by about the same amount.

EDIT #2:

Just updated on ipod touch (ios 5.0.0) and found that all unlocked bonus levels were still unlocked. I haven't yet played any new levels but look forward to trying them later.

16. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Holy cow, awesome update! I love the Death Race level....mmm

17. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Still no iCloud sync :(. I want to play this on my iPhone, too. But nice update!

18. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Great to hear you're liking the update!

There's only one problem - I'm currently number 1 in Domovoi leaderboards so start playing people! :) You can't have a louse player like myself holding that spot:

[​IMG]

19. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Sorry to spoil your party but I'm #1 now :p

[​IMG]

20. Mike summers

Mike summers Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #840 Mike summers, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    Awesome update guys thanks! We appreciate it, I'm currently back to 1st for now (for baron) :D