Is there any truth to this article?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by gonk, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Apple's been paying me as expected, well within 45 days...more like 25.

--Eric

2. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Yes, absolutely true. Apple still owes me many thousands of dollars for sales in certain regions over the last five month period. Some of this had to do with the horribly handled changeover when Chase took over Wamu, but Apple has been aware of that issue for a few months, and the issue has still not been fully resolved. For the most recent pay period, I've only been paid for 3 of the 7 regions so far, and I'm missing all European and Great Britain payments for Jan, Feb, and March. Since my games sell equally well overseas as in the US, Apple has been holding on to a significant portion of my income, with promises of "we're aware of the problem, and we're working on it." They still have a bit before their 45 days are up for May, but I truly doubt I'll see May payments for Europe, Japan, Australia, and Great Britain anytime soon, let alone the thousands they're late on from previous months.

3. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    I wish. That's how Apple paid me too, pre January. Then it all went to hell, just like all the other devs who are complaining.

4. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Also, a friend of mine, who's had the same bank info for seven months, suddenly stopped getting paid for anything two months ago. He emails them about it every week or two. All emails go unanswered.

5. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Wow, that's TERRIBLE. I really hope they step up their game and treat their developers with more respect. A huge company like Apple should have better practices than that.

6. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

How could Apple retaliate for a lawsuit filed against them without earning even more bad press, or breaking the law? This is business, and everyone involved is bound by contracts. As a dev getting ready to release his first app, I am gravely concerned.

Good luck to the devs!

7. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Are the late payments specific to international sales?