iOS emulators?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by aconfusedkender, Jul 17, 2016.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Hey TA,

Does anyone know of any good (still viable) iOS emulators for SNES that still work or that are safe? I have had a super duper craving to play Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre lately now in my 30's. The games are between 80-120 bucks to buy and I'm not Rick James.

They also ported them to PS1 so if anyone can find one of those too it'd be awesome! I'd rather that I suppose so I could play both.

Thanks for the help,
    Aconfusedkender

2. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    If you don't mind spending money, you could go to iemulators.com and get a Buildstore subscription. One of the emulators you can get is called Provenance. It can emulate SNES as well as NES, Genesis/Mega Drive, and the Sega Master System.

3. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I saw that build store thing. Is it legit? And does it work on the iPhone no matter what Apple does because Apple has a way of shutting that stuff down

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I got your PM. I sent a reply with the details.

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I've been using builds.io for over a year now through multiple iOS updates with no problems at all. I did have a small problem when I switched phones but the customer service was top notch and they fixed it quick. It's a great service.

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I second that. I had a year's subscription and had no issues at all. Good service.

7. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Thanks guys I'll check into that!

8. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Buildstore is terrific

Had a subscription for years. GBA4IOS 2 is brilliant if you want GBA or GB and GBC. Provenace is great but be aware a lot of SNES and Genesis games will load ok but pressing buttons does nothing. So trial an error there but then again a lot do work.