STICK SKATER - coming soon...

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TractionGames, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TractionGames

TractionGames Well-Known Member

My buddy Liam and I have just submitted our second iPhone game 'Stick Skater'. For this one we wanted a very easy to pick-up and play skateboarding game (we both have a background in skating / skate filming) that was a cross between a physics platformer as well as the traditional free-skate games made popular by THPS and EA skate. We have two control modes, a beginner mode where you have two buttons on screen, one to push and the other to choose random tricks, and the 'advanced' mode which you can see in the video below where you control the tricks using a swipe mechanism.

Price point will be 99c..

APP STORE DESCRIPTION:

You are just a little stick skater trying to make a name for himself by throwing down the biggest tricks at all the famous locations including Dogtown, Carlsbad, Hollywood and Wilshire. Do you have what it takes to turn pro and score that elusive skate mag cover photo?

FEATURES INCLUDE:

* Real physics with hundreds of parameters to ensure a fun yet familiar skateboarding experience

* Easy to pickup, hard to master!

* 2 Control modes (Beginner and Advanced)

* Real skateboarding locations including Dogtown, Carlsbad, Hollywood and Wilshire

* Over 1000 different trick combinations possible.

* In-game worldwide rankings (different leaderboards for beginner and advanced modes)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VIDEO:

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This look really really cool. The controls look like they work very well.

Any idea on a release date?

3. TractionGames

We submitted it 1.5 days ago.. so i guess the release date will be when / if apple approve it?

Glad you like the look of the controls. We put a lot of time into the controls system and got a lot of 'non-skaters' to beta test it to get it tuned just right. As I mentioned in the description, we have another control mode not shown in the video called 'beginner mode' which lets you focus more on the platformer aspect a by only requiring a single button press and it chooses tricks for you at random. Of course I prefer the swipe control system myself. Nothing more satisfying than landing a deliberate kickflip krooked grind nollie heelflip out down a double kinked handrail :)

4. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Instant buy for me. Controls look like they work great

5. xx72connor72xx

Dec 23, 2009
    school
    nowhere
    yeah, i am definitely gonna buy this

6. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Insta-buy. This looks freaking awesome! I surprised no one made this sooner.

7. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    For 0.99? Man, this looks awesome. Will buy as soon as it shows up.

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Looks hella fun!

9. EdL0pez

EdL0pez Active Member

Feb 23, 2010
    This looks like a insta-buy. Its a hell of a steel for 99c. Quick question how many spots in the initial release?

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This looks really good, so I am sure I will grab it when it comes out. I almost skipped this thread because I am getting a little tired of stick or doodle in the titles of games.

11. EdL0pez

EdL0pez Active Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Almost did the same thing but then I saw skater that completely changed it.

12. TractionGames

Thanks heaps for the kind words guys!

Little bit of a progress report, as of today our submission status has gone from 'waiting for review' to 'in review' so hopefully not much longer before you see this in the new releases thread. (touch wood)... (no not that kind of wood)...

To answer some of the previous questions, the initial release will come with 24 levels spread over 4 locations. We are already working on more locations / levels to go into the first update with new obstacles as well as a trick challenge mode scheduled for release soon after that. Our attitude with this game is to keep extending it so fans never run out of options.

13. EdL0pez

EdL0pez Active Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Awesome, thanks for answering my question. Can't wait!

14. seang

seang Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    i think a great idea also that could help this game would be stick custimization? have you guys considered that?

15. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    the game is out:
    [thread]52182[/thread]