Hi, I'm a graphic designer

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by VWXYZ, Mar 25, 2009.

1. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Hi! My name is Adam

After working on two apps I found it to be a great way to start a possible future carrier.

I have worked in Photoshop for 5 years and have for long thought about making a carrier out of it, but always wanted a longer education and to be a part of a newspaper or similar work areas before starting actual work for others.
    As I met some iPhone/iPod touch developers, I found it a great opportunity to get some experience, while help make something I really enjoy myself, apps!

Now my biggest advantage over other graphic designers is my prices. A lot of my work will I gladly do for free just for the experience. If you want bigger more advance things done, I can do that too, but a little payment for that, would be nice. We are talking less than 20$ in most cases.

If you are interested, you can post here. But if you want a faster responds, feel free to send me a message on these forums and we will exchange mail addresses.

Some background work I've done for a still unreleased game:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Same piece of art at various stages of development.

2. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Just wanted to drop in and say that Adam has provided some background art for my game in development. He is very enthusiastic and accepts feedback well, I requested a few stylistic changes and he was quick to turnaround and provide just what I was looking for. On top of that, his prices were quite reasonable. So all in all, I can definitely recommend his work.

3. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Wow. for a free artist, those screens are really good. You should check out ibetatest.com to contact some devs about their games which are still in the works. I am a tester on a game called, "numbrosa" and it is in desperate need of new graphics. If you would like I will reference the dev to you at this thread.

4. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    You are very talented. Currently I'm trying to do the art for my game myself, but if this doesn't work well, I'll surely contact you.

PS: Those screenshots look very similar to Tap Tap :)

5. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    The game in development is a music rhythm game, so yeah there is some similarity there. :)

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Very nice. I find it hard sometimes to make something completly from scratch that looks good; but you did a nice job. Congrats

7. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    well, i already contacted you about this in email. The project has been delayed do to complications . . . but please, i am still counting on you, so our "deal" is still on:) if i can, i would like to start this before the summer, but it will for sure be started during the summer.

just wrote this to let you know i haven't disappeared or anything . . .

8. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    that is some sick art... do you know how to draw a top down race track for a game im making? ( looks like gta2, but completely 2d)?

9. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    just thought I'd pop in and say sweet gfx up there :)

also, not to steal your glory, but I am also decentish at graphics :)
    I'd be glad to help someone out with some things :)
    PM me if this guy is already taken

10. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009

interesting stuff, man...

11. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    That's so cool that you're helping people for free...I love this site!

12. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Almost forgot about this thread! Everyone is thankfully sending me PMs instead of just posting here!

Just as a kind of blog post I can tell a bit about how things going?

Its been almost overwhelming with the amount of clients I got, but people don't ask for much and accept some wait, so everything is fine!

Another thing I didn't really think about when I started this thread: People want completely original content.
    Thats not something I've done much before. Previously I had mostly taken existing pictures and done some heavy modifications on them. This don't however seem to be an issue as I can do enough things by mixing various different pictures. It takes time, but results are often pretty good!

Keep the requests coming! And please put my name in the credits of the Apps I work on! I do this for free to build my portfolio and reputation.

Thats all for now!

13. Silver Josh

Silver Josh Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I recommend this artist.
    He's great.