Renaming Threads permitted by Developers?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by DemonJim, Apr 13, 2011.

1. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Would it be possible to let registered developers rename their own game thread titles?

I need to rename mine and PM'd the forum admin arn, but have no reply yet. I need to change the titles to reflect my game's recent big update, and know that people who would be interested in the new features who don't subscribe could spot the new info and check it out. I even sent him a promo code for his trouble as I appreciate it is a menial task.

It'd be great if those whose livelihood depends on successful promotion of their apps and more importantly app updates could do it themselves rather than having to trouble the admins with this.

If it's possible then please consider it. I don't think developers will abuse it if it's made clear you can only change it once per update say and risk a banning otherwise (just like pointlessly bumping your own threads does).

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Admins are busy, Arn most of all. Click on "view forum leaders" at the bottom of the main page, find a mod with a green light next to their name, and PM them. You'll probably get a title change within ten minutes.

3. DemonJim

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Thanks K?!, great tip!

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    It would be faster to click on the report a post triangle. All mods will see it.

5. DemonJim

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Is that really OK? When I click that it says, "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Yes.. I am a mod. ;)

7. DemonJim

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Sorted - thanks VeganTnT!