Online Sniper League coming 6/14 (see video)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DieMonstersDie, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DieMonstersDie

DieMonstersDie Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    #1 DieMonstersDie, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    Online Sniper League has been sent to Apple. Release date scheduled for 6/14.

Trailer
    ----------------------

Training Video
    ----------------------

Itunes Description
    ----------------------
    ★Online Multiplayer, Survival, Missions, Sandbox, Custom Equipment, Perks, Achievements, Leaderboards, Retina Support. Does your sniper game have all this? Online Sniper League does. Time to step it up - download now.

★The most complete sniper game - with both online and offline play, as well as freestyle Sandbox Mode.

★The most unique sniper game on the app store or anywhere.
    This isn't a game where you sit there waiting from some guy to walk around a corner to shoot him. This is an action sniper game where you have to act quickly and shoot accurately.

★Several Game Modes
    Online Multiplayer - Play online against a friend or using auto-match. Launch foot agents, paratroopers, armored vehicles, helicopters, attacks and more from your Wrist Computer real-time to defeat your opponent before they get you. Use perks and your customized weapons to gain the upper hand. Only one will survive the battle. See how you compare on the Leaderboards.

Survival - Defend your base against never ending waves of enemies for as many days as you can. Go for kill streaks to unlock extra defense mechanisms. Compare how many days you can last against others on the Leaderboards. Unlock Achievements to prove your skills.

Missions - Fulfill contracts from your boss to earn prestige as well as some extra Gold. Each mission requires skill and strategy. New missions will be released periodically, so pay attention to updates and the news feed.

Sandbox - Freestyle version of Multiplayer where you can train for matches or play for fun. Test out your weapons and perk combinations to find the best strategy to defeat your opponents. Hone your sniping skills and your attack skills. Or just dial up some enemies and take them out for fun!

★Customizations
    Perks - Unlock 24 perks and 3 slots to equip them. This gives you over 2000 combinations. Find the ones that work well together to gain the upper hand on your opponent. Use offensive and defensive perks to win the match.

Weapons - Unlock and equip custom weapons to create the ultimate loadout. Upgrade your rifle, scope, ammo and more. Custom weapons can be used in all game modes.

★Much More
    Retina graphics supported
    Unlock the Machine Gun to mow down enemies with ease
    Enlist body guards to protect your base and defeat enemy Agents in hand to hand combat
    Unlock the mighty Nuclear Bomb to unleash an attack that leaves no survivors
    Get bonuses for Kill Streaks
    Leaderboards and Achievements to track your progress and show your skills off

If you made it this far, you are an elite person and this game is for you. See you on the Leadeboards.

Some Screenshots
    ----------------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Looks great!!! Sent you a pm.

3. DieMonstersDie

Sep 20, 2009
    Already got a favorable review (preview) from The App Shack! They did a great job and really nailed the essence of the game. Check it out: http://theappshack54.blogspot.com/

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wow, not many responses... Time to bump this thread up! Btw, this is an amazing game :D

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This game will be AWESOME!

6. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    +1 :D Its incredibly fun (I haven't played ONE multiplayer match yet and its fun!!!!!)

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    This thread smells fishy... esp with crex promoting a game without citing any gameplay... :rolleyes:

Will different guns have different telescopic scope designs? I don't like sniper iPhone sniper games that let you use different guns yet only have one scope to look through (gets old REALLY fast).

Last question, is there bullet drop and deflection shooting (leading the target) in the game? If not, can they be included as an 'hardcore' option? (yeah I play military sims too much...)

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Gameplay? It's freaking awesome! It feels like Distant Assassin mixed with stick figures.

9. DieMonstersDie

Sep 20, 2009
    Different scopes have different reticules. What you see in the pics and vid is the Acog. There are 3 other scopes that look different and play different.

There currently is no hardcore mode with shootdown. I was going to put it in but figured let people get used to the current gameplay and add as an update. Elite Mode (or maybe I should call it hardcore) will have wind that you will have to account for when leading your target. I'll also provide a special scope for wind. I have it already but did not include it. Enough people have to be interested for me to add that vs. some other updates. I hope this forum will give us a place to determine the direction of the game.

10. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    This is looking really good guys. Do you have the launch price? Seems like its going to be an instabuy. Not too many sniper multiplayer games, and certainly not any that have sandbox modes.

11. DieMonstersDie

Sep 20, 2009
    99 cents USD launch price. Sandbox mode is cool - but I think everybody will be playing and talking about multiplayer. I've been playing it for months against friends and family and we have a great time. Plus, when you use perks against people it's really fun. There are over 2000 perk combinations.

12. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Thats pretty cool.... WAIT! ...2000 perk combinations?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: woah! I think multiplayer is almost a must have in a lot of games nowadays and if a game with high quality has many game modes and multiplayer, it equals success. :)

13. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Is the video of multiplayer? Can you drop a few more details on multiplayer. The description makes it sound great, but it also seems complicated. Definitely a good things since the find your opponent in a window and shoots gets old, but I just wanted to know how much strategy is involved.

14. DieMonstersDie

Sep 20, 2009
    #14 DieMonstersDie, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    The video is Sandbox mode. I'm in the process of making more/better videos but it's little league baseball postseason and I'm a coach :)

What you see in the video is similar to Multiplayer. You protect your boss and at the same time you launch attacks against your opponent. The only time you can shoot your opponent (the sniper) is when your guys get to their boss so you have to find ways to get them there. Multiplayer is about 10x more hectic and tense than the video. You have balance how much time you spend defending and attacking. And with perks there are many situations you have to deal with on the fly.

Yes, I said over 2000 perk combination:) You have 24 perks and then 3 perk slots. So, the number of combinations between 24 perks and 3 slots comes to over 2000. Of course there are several perk combinations that work well together. You can play Rookie level without perks or Expert with perks in multiplayer.

Then there are weapon upgrades. You can get the Barrett and BMG ammo so you can get one shot kills via body shots. Usually you need a headshot to kill a guy, or you can shoot them 3 times in the body to kill them. You can get a the Blue Dot scope - which lights up your reticule blue when you have a headshot available. There's a bipod attachment to eliminate recoil. There's a beeper that beeps when you have a headshot. Some other upgrades too but I'll let you guys discover them in the game. All the weapon upgrades can be used in all modes. So they will help in mission and multiplayer too.

I'll try to get some pics or a video up later tonight that shows each weapon upgrade and each perk. It think it will help answer some questions or at least give you some more specific info on the game.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Definitely looks like it'll be quite a bit of fun. Gameplay looks great from what's provided, and I'd never be able to resist a game that implements online multiplayer well anyways xD. Oh, and the price too of course, heheh. One of my pick-ups this Wednesday night.

16. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Lol, thats a big part of why OSL could do well in the appstore... its 99 cents :D

17. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Multiplayer sound great. One on one right? How long would a match typically last?

18. DieMonstersDie

Sep 20, 2009
    #18 DieMonstersDie, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    Not sure how long an average match is because the talent level will vary. Could be 1 minute, could be 10. We got really good at it and have long games - sometimes more than 10 minutes where each player has a shot to win. Yes it's one one one. But I have 3 and 4 player battle royal planned.

I can promise that if you get the game and you feel any area needs improvement, I will work to make that happen. I have many ideas for updates. I actually took a couple things out. But instead of me dictating what users get, I want future updates driven by your feedback. I'll take suggestions and then have polls for people to vote on updates.

19. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Good looking game, active dev, promised updates, online multiplayer... instabuy. Good luck and hope for a solid release so that the multiplayer crowd is a big one.

20. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    +1 :)