Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Draw distance and textures are the reason. They are working on it

2. CoagulatedSpam

CoagulatedSpam Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    So far, I'm in love with the game. But, here are my biggest suggestions:

1.) Automatically close the loot window after everything has been looted.
    2.) Indicate that the target is out of range by dimming spells on the action bar.
    3.) Indicate that required energy is unavailable for particular spells by dimming the spells in question on the action bar.
    4.) Make it possible to turn the horse in place. I've had some pretty serious issues mounting my horse in remotely confined spaces because the horse runs into walls, trees, and mountains.

3. asap123

asap123 Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Once you take gold, objects from a kill, it would be easier if that screen would just shut down, rather than having to press the arrow in the left corner to close the screen. (if that makes sense)

Also voice overs are hard to hear over the background music. Need to be louder. Otherwise good work guys!!!!!!! Fantastic game!

4. Tubabube8

Tubabube8 Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Someone may have already said this in the thread, but I'm experiencing a bug where I fall to my death as soon as I walk through the village gate in the beginning of the game. Its a game ruining glitch, and I really want to play this son of a gun!

5. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    For #4, if you mount your horse in the direction you want to ride in, you'll automatically mount facing that direction. It took me a while to get a hang of that, but you eventually get used to it.

Also, I would very much like save game transference. Preferably by bluetooth, so you can do it without wifi... But I would very much like to continue my game on iPad. Although, I suppose I COULD try and start as a different class... Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

I think most of my other complaints have already been mentioned, though.

6. Rage1776

Rage1776 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    #106 Rage1776, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    1. iPad - fix the menu size. It is painful
    2. Gray out spell buttons if the target is out of range or I do not have enough energy
    3. Close loot window on Take All action
    4. IPad - increase button and icon sizes
    5. Expiring buff icons should blink and/or show a timer on when they will expire.
    6. A compass and possibly a waypoint system.

7. SurgE

SurgE Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Singapore
    my humble suggestions w/mockup

Hi,

I have 2 suggestions that I think will probably improve the experience for guys playing the game on ipad. I've done a mockup here:

[​IMG]

What do fellow ipad gamers think?

8. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    #108 Jo., Dec 17, 2010
    EDIT: I figured out what it is, ita your hair floating in front of you o.o LOL! It only happens when you go into Benn's helms and cauldrons in west Calleheim and stays with you wherever you go ><

EDIT: it's only when you out the hood armor on hehe please fix :)

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    now - that - is
    pretty cool - you guys are like designing the game for us!
    maybe i can sleep and let you guys do it.

10. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Wow. So the small menus on iPad were intentional?! Weak.

The more I play this game, the less I like it. The controls seriously suck in most situations. The draw-in is freaking ugly. And the fact that the devs intentionally cut corners to the point of pushing it out the door with iPhone sized menus on the iPad is just crap.

Even given the low expectations of the platform, this is not a version 2.0 product, but yet another beta foisted on a paying audience. As usual the beta testing phase was apparently used as a circle-jerk hype-machine rather than a methodical testing, and the consumer is left picking up the slack.

Despite the depth that may lurk underneath, at this point the game exhibits about the same quality as the worst of Gameloft's output. The only differences are that the Crecent Moon team isn't comprised of sweatshop workers and show interest in actually fixing this mess.

11. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    In the quest log, I think the main quest should be in a different colour or maybe separate the two -- 'Main Quest' and 'Side Quests'. I'm getting confused which was the main quest.

12. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Haven't played but a few hours so far, but a couple of suggestions already would be:

*differentiate between side quests and story quests in the quest log

*make the screen orientation flip with the accelerometer instead of having to be changed every time in the menus

*automatically close the loot window when the player chooses the "loot all" option

*on character trees, set the requirements for unlocking a new skill, whether it be a level requirement or a previous upgraded skill requirement. For example, the ranger tree makes it look like that you can immediately spend points on any of the skills stemming from the "Power Attack" skill, so I first tried to spend my point on "Tangleroot" but it wouldn't let me. After I put another point or two in "Power Attack" I was able to unlock it. Signifying the requirements within the skill tree would be great.

That's all I have for now but again, I'm only a few hours in so I'm sure I'll be back. So far so good though!

13. SurgE

SurgE Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Singapore
    Heh, I reckon that the suggestion can be better appreciated with a picture :p Anyway I hope you'll consider my suggestions :D

14. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    To clarify, I guess my disappointment is that this game isn't just the opposite of Infinity Blade in scope and freedom, but also in polish and design.

It's not that I was expecting a perfect recreation of Oblivion for the iPad or that I am a huge graphics whore. I realize that this dev team is small, and I routinely play and enjoy classic games.

It's just that this game plays to none of it's strengths. It has a wide open often pretty world, but constantly breaks the illusion with laughable mob spawning, draw-in, bugs, etc. It has the ability to engage in huge ranged and melee battles with multiple opponents but gives you an atrocious dpad and fiddly targeting. It has has multiple classes but controls that favor tanks and shooters over rogues and turtlers. It has a wide skill set but locks the classes apart through rigid skill trees rather than DnD or TES traditions. It is truly the best and worst of times, and it is only so disappointing because it has so much potential and you Crecent Moon guys seem like nice chaps who play an audience right and have your heart in it.

15. ghen73

ghen73 Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Maybe I missed this feature, but it would be nice to be able to "sell all" when trading; selling 10 animals pelts one at a time, or anything where you've amassed multiples of the same item is a little tedious. Thanks ever so much. Truly a wonderful game.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #116 undeadcow, Dec 17, 2010
    It might be worth reviewing the auto-save function. I just fell in the first ravine of Gnoll's Lair at the beginning of the game and am pinched between a land bridge and the cave wall so can't get out. It seems the game auto-saved me there so unless I am missing something I'll have to restart from scratch. Maybe setting auto-save to only function on entering or exiting a room/area so it doesn't end up jamming anyone up like this by saving in a bind (granted one should manually save frequently). This is probably an isolated glitch but I can also imagine it autosave into a hopeless battle or other jam. My situation is mildly frustrating but I'm having fun playing around and it's still early in the game so I'll reboot. Also maybe consider glitches of this nature with future updates.

It's probably been mentioned before but a directional compass or mini-map option might help.

Good game, thanks.

17. tshroom

tshroom Member

Dec 16, 2010
    A little harsh don't you think? This thread is for suggestions to better the overall experience of the game. If you are going to rag on the game at least be constructive. You didn't make any useful points.

18. Gooxhenfly

Gooxhenfly Member

Jul 9, 2010
    First of all, great game. The main things i would like to see are transferrable save files and the iPads screen size being used more (which i think is being worked on. I did find one bug. On my iPod touch 4g as i left the second knoll cave (the one just past the old mill) the game got really weird. I can't move and all i can see is the horizon and time of day, but not my character. I tried changing my viewpoint but it didn't work. Hopefully this will get fixed.

19. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Ipad users are pretty used to 2x when playing iphone games. I would really at least like the option to 2x it. Or maybe at least 1.5x? Right now all the ui elements, but especially the inventory/menu screen, are offputtingly small and dense. The size works for the iphone, because people play with it closer to their face, but when I play at a normal ipad distance, I find myself leaning in to read things.

20. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Here's one that needs fixing please - the enemies drop out of the sky. When I went in to the palace, Merificus dropped from the ceiling and landed on his throne. Then in the sewers the rats do the same. In the wastelands (or whatever) the poisony snakey things also did it.
    It really breaks any sense of immersion.