StarFly (by TechBee Software)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by divbyzero, Apr 13, 2016.

1. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Game Designer & iOS Programmer
    Ukraine
    #1 divbyzero, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Hi TouchArcade community!

I’m here today because I like to show you guys our last game, costed endless hour of work and almost depleted our real life “stamina” bar. It’s called StarFly and we really hope that you can like it!

[​IMG]

Initially inspired by the classic old school arcade game we decided to develop something fresh and stilish that best suits the mobile controls and market. It’s a 3D “racing” game where you have to drive two symmetrical stars into a space tunnel (that of course gravitate toward the void of the galaxy :) ) avoiding obstacles. While you fly you have to collect “sparks” of different color that can boost your speed or lower it, so that you can face complex patterns of the track with calm or simply fly like a boss with maximum speed!!!

We were having so much fun playing the game challenging the other devs at the office that we thought that a multiplayer mode could do the trick better. So we did it, you can connect with your Facebook account and challenge people around the world in a real time multiplayer race with ranking! Honestly we’re very proud of this game mode and we hope it can guarantee endless hour of fun to all the ppl.

[​IMG]

I hope you guys can enjoy our (big) efforts, here is the trailer.

[​IMG]

We welcome any feedback from this community, so just write what you think about the game here, we will take it into serious consideration.

I’ll leave with this quote that I really love:

The game is still in development and if any of you guys want to try it send me a mail at vladimir[at]techbee.company.

Thanks
    - Vladimir

2. LaraJellyB

LaraJellyB Member

May 28, 2015
    University student
    Rome, Italy
    Wow! This game looks very nice... I hope it will also be fun! ;) when it will be published?

3. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ukraine
    Hi LaraJellyB.
    The game is in beta testing, so as soon as possible after testing. Have fun!

4. Nobuttkin

Nobuttkin Member

Nov 24, 2015
    As I can see on screens and the trailer, the game uses different styles for the tunnel. Can I customize styles or the game uses random ones?

5. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ukraine
    The game has shop of customization. You can set new style for stars, obstacles and walls of tunnel. The new style costs several sparks. You can collect the sparks in the tunnel. All is easy. :)

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #6 H4nd0fg0d, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Energy system and monetization is going to ruin this game for me. And I'm not the only one. This will invite endless criticism on this forum. Maybe it's just not for me. The game is great fun, undoubtedly. I don't do monetized energy or consumable iaps or any combination of the two. Only saving of any grace for me would be one fairly priced buy out of said energy system, period. This will be the first post and first request if you launch as is. To offer ad buy out along with consumable energy in packages is a major downer. Ppl will rage, just saying. If I can't get a straight premium buy out of ads or energy, I don't give a game a second look. The games are really fast and my 5 energies were burnt in less than 2 min. The 800 energy + ad buy out is lack luster. I'm not going to do a mathematical breakdown of how long that would last along with the recharge time, but it doesn't work for me. Me and many many others just want one purchase to drop energy systems 100%. Anyways, just my sentiments, thanks.

7. MasterRron

MasterRron Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Economist
    Rome
    The game really looks awesome, at least the graphics rocks!

I don't get perfectly what H4nd0fg0d is saying with his reply but for sure if there is no free way to play for hourse ppl will hate the game. If i have to spend money just for playing your game i will surely uninstall it after some seconds.

Anyway the most interesting thing is the multiplayer: the possibility to race against real people will surely make me mad about the game and i will play for hours trying to beat everyone (i love racing games :)). About that, the only thing i can suggest is to make possible to challenge a friend and not only random people. What i hate about clash royale is that is not possible to challenge a friend of mine that is connected at the same time in a friendly battle. I don't know if it's possible for you to make such a thing but... just my 2 cents.

That said, i'm impressed: real good work guys! look forward to play the game when it will be released.

8. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ukraine
    H4nd0fg0d, thanks a lot for your feedback.

We really want to do so that the player had a lot of fun of the game. indeed, the energy system is not configured completely. We would like to know the opinion from the beta testers about this system and configure it.

MasterRron, thanks you too, for your words.
    Game is free, if you lost all energy, you can watch a short rewarded video and refill all energy and play again and again.

Maybe, five energy is not enough for players.

9. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Personally, I'd like a one time iap to completely disable the energy system and leave a choice to watch ads for currency if there are going to be available upgrades. Great game tho.

10. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ukraine
    H4nd0fg0d, Thanks.

We think that need to set max energy to 10, the player can play more matches before waiting new energy or watching a video.
    As I said, is not problem to watch a rewarded video. It's free and takes only several seconds for the player.

And we will think about unlimited system of energy.

11. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game look very nice ! i love the colours !

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    In my opinion ads are just using my data when away from WiFi and that isn't free. It's cool tho, this may be a game that's just not for me. I don't watch ads ever. Sorry and thanks.

13. MasterRron

MasterRron Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Economist
    Rome
    I was lucky to try the game in beta and now i really can say that i look forward to see it in the App store and Google Play Store. It really worth your time guys and the multiplayer... wow! :)

If you don't want ads just pay the no-ads option.

Can you give us more information about the release date of the game? :)

14. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ukraine
    Hi MasterRron!
    Thanks a lot for testing and your feedback!

We're still working on release and we hope the game will be released in first part of May this year.

15. lSoLlAKirA

lSoLlAKirA Active Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Web Marketing Manager @ redBit games
    Rome
    Hi everyone.

My name is Simone and i'm the web marketing manager of redBit games. This is my first post!

I'd like to say that after seeing this post on TA i've contacted this guys and we decided to publish their game under one of our labels :)

I'm saying this just for reference: Touch Arcade forum really works to find people interested in your work!

The game will be out next week so don't miss it, it's really a blast!

16. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ukraine
    Yes it's true!

redBit games are our publishers.
    This is great news for the players and also for us.
    I will say more precisely, the game will be released on June, 1st.

We are already actively working on the first update. So we're waiting your feedback in the stores.