Game Walkthrough Section?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by SicMX, Dec 6, 2010.

1. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Any plans on adding a Walkthrough/How-To section to these forums?

It would really help to have a separate area dedicated for this (sub-forum?) as it is currently very hard to find help on how to complete levels in certain games.

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I kind of like the idea. Unfortunately there isn't too much discussion on walkthroughs. I know there are a few on the general game discussions sub-forum but I'm not sure if there's enough for it's own forum.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This all depends on user input, and really... there isn't much of it. People are quite happy to answer questions but who's gonna sit down and write a game guide, or even compile an FAQ? The TA staff seem reluctant to create new sub-forums unless there's a decent amount of content to go inside it, and we're hardly overflowing with walkthroughs at the moment.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeah I'd have no problem creating the forum... But pretty much all of our forums were created out of necessity. For instance, we spun General Game Discussion off from the iPhone and iPod touch Games forum because threads people were posting asking what games to get or listing favorites and things like that were bumping actual game releases off the front page of the forum display.

We don't currently have this problem with walkthroughs, at all. If it got to a point where we were like "holy cow there are so many walkthroughs being posted!" that it was interrupting the general forum, then sure. Maybe you can start this trend and we'll make a forum for it once it takes off. :)

5. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I actually got the idea when i was playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and was stuck trying to do the "Drain the Fountain" mission in Philadelphia. I ended up going to IGN for some tips, searching on google and so forth and finally (after a lot of searching) found the answer.

Searching this 46 page thread would be insane, so i chose not to:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=50223&highlight=tony+hawk&page=46

Actually had to go through the same ordeal with Modern Combat 2 and the dodging the various attacks...

Again, definitely not gonna go through 198 pages of online playing discussion in this topic:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=69036&page=198

Also if you do happen to post a question in those threads they get run over so quick by multiplayer discussions and so forth that they in practice never get answered...

There just has to be a better way of getting help regarding playing the actual game!

It wouldn't necessarily have to be about actual walkthroughs, but more like a game help section where people can provide their input and advice to help others complete the games.

6. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    The General Game Discussion and Questions Section always works well.

7. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    So maybe a subforum to the General Game Discussion and Q Section? I kinda like the idea too. :)

8. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I second this!

9. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    That is actually a good place to post a question! Will do that in the future.

Cheers