Games that didn't live up to expectations (2012)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bramblett05, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Lol. It appears as someone payed you to spread the bad word about it :D

Anyone mentioned Faction Wars (a.k.a. World of Midgard beta)? It definitely fits into this thread...

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Both do they spam the exp boost every week and weekend but say nothing about fixing anything and part 2 is in the works

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The dev is very busy on his own forum, don't judge the game on the thread here on TA. Only thing they did wrong was that they didn't start the Kickstarter campaign earlier. It could've turned into a really good game if they would get the funds. I agree though that they should update the game more. They haven't gotten very far for like 2 years with the updates...

What part 2?

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh ok my bad guess they are not talking about the game much on here. I talked to the dev and they said fraction wars 2 was coming

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Probably just a bigger content update, or maybe they'll finally release World of Midgard... It would be about time.
    I know Veraxon (devs of Faction wars) hooked up with some big studio that would fund them... Whatever happened to that? I think they chose to go down the indie-way and then they started the Kickstarter campaign? I'm not sure.

6. Nah, it's just that you reminded me of it, and I remember it being a major disappointment and a waste of 99 cents.

7. Rafark

Rafark Active Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Isn't Gameloft a French company?

8. bacobit

bacobit Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm pretty sure they're owned by Ubisoft which is French. So yeah :p

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not sure if i posted games that disappointed me because of wrong expectations before, but here's a few that did, that i can remember.

Bladeslinger
    Last Knight (before the update which made it great)
    Mech Pilot
    rComplex
    Starship Troopers: Invasion
    Flying Daggers

And that game with ships that was made by the guys who made Tower of Fortune which the title i forgot.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes they're owned by Ubisoft.