Real Racing 2 HD and Monopoly for iPad $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Outrager, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #1 Outrager, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

MONOPOLY for iPad

Read on for important info below!

**YOU VOTED & THE CAT’S OUT OF THE BAG** Thanks to the votes from YOU and…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Read on for important info below!

**YOU VOTED & THE CAT’S OUT OF THE BAG** Thanks to the votes from YOU and thousands of loyal MONOPOLY Facebook fans from 185 different countries, the CAT mover is now available to play within this latest update as well as in the classic board game version of MONOPOLY! From Mediterranean and Baltic to Boardwalk and beyond, enjoy a wealth of ways to play with friends – or friendly computer opponents!

EXCLUSIVE iPAD FEATURES INCLUDE…
    • Tabletop Mode – Gather friends and family around the iPad and use customizable Game Rules in the game’s signature mode
    • Teacher Mode – Play against the computer and get tips and tricks to help you strategize in future games
    • Enhanced HD-quality graphics – iPad delivers a visually rich experience with striking animated elements – It’s just a lot of fun!

GET “GOING” IN MULTIPLE MODES OF MONOPOLY PLAY
    Jump right into a game with up to 3 other players in Play Now mode. Or take your on chances against in-game computer opponents featuring 4 levels of difficulty. Also connect multiple devices to play with up to 3 other players via local WiFi or Head-to-Head via Bluetooth!

Requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy and User Agreement.
    User Agreement: terms.ea.com
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.Important Consumer Information.This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).

By installing this game, you consent to its installation and the installation of any game updates or upgrades released through your platform. You can turn off automatic updates through your device settings, but if you do not update your app, you may experience reduced functionality.

Some updates and upgrades may change the way we record usage data and metrics, or change data stored on your device. Any changes will always be consistent with EA’s Privacy and Cookie Policy, available at privacy.ea.com. You can withdraw your consent at any time by removing or disabling this app, visiting help.ea.com for assistance, or by contacting us at ATTN: Privacy / Mobile Consent Withdrawal, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA, USA.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Simulation
    Release:Dec 09, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Real Racing 2 HD

Electronic Arts
    Read on for important info below! Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for i…
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Read on for important info below! Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for iPad and iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD is a heart-pounding, visually astounding 3D racer that puts the steering wheel directly in your hands. The expansive, 10-plus hour career mode and extensive, one-of-a-kind multiplayer means the fight for first place is never over. PRAISE FOR REAL RACING 2 HD “4 Stars Spectacular” – CNET “Real Racing 2 is without a doubt the best racing game for the iPad.” – IGN “The visuals have an air of sublime perfection about them." – Phone Mantra “Unrivaled in the App Store.” – No DPad “No other portable racer offers nearly as robust and refined an experience as Real Racing 2 HD.” – MacLife.com "The enhanced multiplayer features take what already was one of the top iOS racing games and ushers it into a new era for mobile gaming." – Macworld “92 Metascore” – Metacritic.com UNSURPASSED, CUTTING-EDGE 3D VISUALS Relish exceptional, luscious graphics that push the iPad to its limits, and take full advantage of the iPad 2's enhanced hardware. BOUNDLESS, IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY 30 licensed cars from real-world manufacturers. 15 stunning locations. Regular updates supply a stream of new events, improvements and features. WORLD CLASS CAREER MODE Over 10 hours of Cup, Head to Head, Championship, Time Trial and Elimination races await your expert skills. INTUITIVE PRECISION CONTROLS Take the wheel as your iPad becomes the ultimate racing implement. Come to grips with unerring handling on iPad 2, thanks to full gyroscope support. THRILLING MULTIPLAYER Compete over local Wi-Fi or online with players of Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing 2, and experience pioneering 16-player online multiplayer. Play wirelessly on your HD TV through AirPlay and an Apple TV, challenge friends to a split screen multiplayer race with Party Play and enjoy enhanced visuals – for second and third generation iPads! TAKE THE RACE ONLINE Track your progress against the world's top racers using Game Center and Firemint's Cloudcell technology. Record and upload videos of your best to YouTube for max kudos. DRIVE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME Upload and download your save games between Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing so your progress is always synced. Real Racing 2 HD is the racing game to own. Buy now, or "Gift this App" to a friend and introduce them to the greatest racing experience on iOS. -------------------------------------------------------------- * For more information or support please visit http://www.firemint.com --------------------------------------------------------------- Requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy and User Agreement. By installing this game, you consent to its installation and the installation of any game updates or upgrades released through your platform. You can turn off automatic updates through your device settings, but if you do not update your app, you may experience reduced functionality. Some updates and upgrades may change the way we record usage data and metrics, or change data stored on your device. Any changes will always be consistent with EA’s Privacy and Cookie Policy, available at privacy.ea.com. You can withdraw your consent at any time by removing or disabling this app, visiting help.ea.com for assistance, or by contacting us at ATTN: Privacy / Mobile Consent Withdrawal, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA, USA.
    Information
    Seller:Electronic Arts
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Mar 11, 2011
    Updated:Jun 27, 2018
    Version:1.13.24
    Size:1.1 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated

both dropped to $0.99.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Stadard versions of both Real Racing games are $0.99 as well

3. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #3 violentv, Nov 21, 2012
    try to quote any other posts doing it to have a look at the syntax!

Got this sometime back..I must say I am not a fan of racing simulators x_X. It just doesn't have the sense of speed that Arcade racers like NFS/Asphalt provide.
    Instead you get a rather leisurely ride through the tracks( very pretty tracks though!) and you are punished heavily for making mistakes since catching up is almost impossible(and realistically slow) once you lose the lead. It sort of reminds me of those masochistic platformers where everything you do have to be PERFECT.

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil

Real Racing 2 HD

Electronic Arts
    Read on for important info below! Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for i…
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Read on for important info below! Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for iPad and iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD is a heart-pounding, visually astounding 3D racer that puts the steering wheel directly in your hands. The expansive, 10-plus hour career mode and extensive, one-of-a-kind multiplayer means the fight for first place is never over. PRAISE FOR REAL RACING 2 HD “4 Stars Spectacular” – CNET “Real Racing 2 is without a doubt the best racing game for the iPad.” – IGN “The visuals have an air of sublime perfection about them." – Phone Mantra “Unrivaled in the App Store.” – No DPad “No other portable racer offers nearly as robust and refined an experience as Real Racing 2 HD.” – MacLife.com "The enhanced multiplayer features take what already was one of the top iOS racing games and ushers it into a new era for mobile gaming." – Macworld “92 Metascore” – Metacritic.com UNSURPASSED, CUTTING-EDGE 3D VISUALS Relish exceptional, luscious graphics that push the iPad to its limits, and take full advantage of the iPad 2's enhanced hardware. BOUNDLESS, IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY 30 licensed cars from real-world manufacturers. 15 stunning locations. Regular updates supply a stream of new events, improvements and features. WORLD CLASS CAREER MODE Over 10 hours of Cup, Head to Head, Championship, Time Trial and Elimination races await your expert skills. INTUITIVE PRECISION CONTROLS Take the wheel as your iPad becomes the ultimate racing implement. Come to grips with unerring handling on iPad 2, thanks to full gyroscope support. THRILLING MULTIPLAYER Compete over local Wi-Fi or online with players of Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing 2, and experience pioneering 16-player online multiplayer. Play wirelessly on your HD TV through AirPlay and an Apple TV, challenge friends to a split screen multiplayer race with Party Play and enjoy enhanced visuals – for second and third generation iPads! TAKE THE RACE ONLINE Track your progress against the world's top racers using Game Center and Firemint's Cloudcell technology. Record and upload videos of your best to YouTube for max kudos. DRIVE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME Upload and download your save games between Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing so your progress is always synced. Real Racing 2 HD is the racing game to own. Buy now, or "Gift this App" to a friend and introduce them to the greatest racing experience on iOS. -------------------------------------------------------------- * For more information or support please visit http://www.firemint.com --------------------------------------------------------------- Requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy and User Agreement. By installing this game, you consent to its installation and the installation of any game updates or upgrades released through your platform. You can turn off automatic updates through your device settings, but if you do not update your app, you may experience reduced functionality. Some updates and upgrades may change the way we record usage data and metrics, or change data stored on your device. Any changes will always be consistent with EA’s Privacy and Cookie Policy, available at privacy.ea.com. You can withdraw your consent at any time by removing or disabling this app, visiting help.ea.com for assistance, or by contacting us at ATTN: Privacy / Mobile Consent Withdrawal, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA, USA.
    Information
    Seller:Electronic Arts
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Mar 11, 2011
    Updated:Jun 27, 2018
    Version:1.13.24
    Size:1.1 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated

5. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Cool thanks. Got it to work. I guess only 1 app per post.

6. I bought both way back, both are good. Disk size large! Highly recommend both.

7. Looks like almost all EA games are on sale now. Also plants vs zombies hd sd is 99 cents.

8. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah that's because arcade racers give an artificial sense of speeds. Anyway, the cars here get much faster as you progress.

Sure, there is a lot of punishment here as well if you brake late and end up in the gravel.

All in all, I love SIMs more than arcade racers. First arcade racer I enjoyed was NFS MW on the iPad! RR2 probably my top 3 mobile games of all time alongside Shadowgun and Dead Space for now.

9. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    It's all a matter of perspective. You can look at it as punishing you for carelessness. Or you can see how the game rewards you for familiarizing yourself with the tracks, learning to brake efficiently, and finding the proper racing line to take.

Sadly, today's gaming audience has gotten used to a culture of instant gratification, with games designed for short attention spans and helpfully providing instant victory through IAP.

But sometimes, not very often nowadays, you get a game that truly challenges you. And when, after much practice, you successfully pull off the perfect racing line, and watch your opponent shrink in your rear view mirror... that feeling you get is greater than any Game Center "achievement", and can't ever be bought as IAP.

10. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    #10 violentv, Nov 21, 2012
    I will respond since that post didn't sound very friendly...oh it was rather diplomatically written but still dripping with contempt.(how did it veer towards IAP?x_X)

Sometimes games are designed so dynamically that each experience/run through is different.. but very often nowadays, you get 'scripted' gameplay: games that require you to specifically carry out certain tasks in fixed unflexibles way to complete them.

Going through the game multiple times to practice to "pull off the perfect racing line" can be gratifying! I can totally understand that...but it is a very hollow sort of victory(to me)..where practice takes the place of twitch gameplay. I think a console analogy would be like how you memorize the positions where enemies illogically spawn in Uncharted and practice a few times to get through.

I suppose I may be the odd one out here..but I really dislike inflexible gameplay and games that are 'challenging'because they demand inflexible scripted responses(Damn QTEs and masochistic platformers!).

11. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Wow, dripping with contempt? Seriously? You must have some kind of inferiority complex to be that defensive.

Believe me, if I wanted to be insulting, I wouldn't have tried to be subtle.

12. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    #12 violentv, Nov 21, 2012
    ah..but the subtle sort of insults are the most infuriating... insults on the internet are boring, hollow and I meant no disrespect anyway. I was just a little irked by how you seemingly trivialized my reply with

"Sadly, today's gaming audience has gotten used to a culture of instant gratification, with games designed for short attention spans and helpfully providing instant victory through IAP"

again.. I didn't mean to offend

13. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Yes, you're right for platformers. But SIM racers are less punishing. There is no ONE braking point, cornering line etc. You can make alterations and there's plenty of room for error as well.