Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The devs are asking to email the crashes directly to them so they can work on them faster and keep track of which ones need to be worked on.

On a mac you sync with itunes and look in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/[name of device that had the crashes]/

In there you will find .plist files that start with NeuroshimaHex and the date.

Just attach those to an email to [email protected] with those screenshots and a little explanation to help them figure things out extra fast

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I think in the future all devs should have a setting inside to "log" these types of events to then email it off. I know it's a bit hokey to do, but man when I've had to use it with bug testing, every response from the developers has been "this is great info!"

Otherwise it's just so tough to get someone to go through all that work. We're just lazy ;)

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Carcassonne actually has one built in. When it crashes it asks if you would like to send the crash log when you relaunch.

Also, While playing as New York I'm noticing that the Push Back ability of the Pusher unit is only working once instead of once per turn like it should be

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    You know what? I hate myself (not literally). I (again...) made a mistake not to fully read your response... So I sent an email with all the logs to the dev without any explanations... WTF??? I make these types of mistakes EVERYWHERE! Killed me a few times in tests already @^$#%#&

5. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Don't worry and thanks for the reports :)

Carcassonne really has something that allows you to send crash logs from the app? I wasn't aware that's possible without using iTunes. Need to check this one out.

6. andsoitgoes

Jump desktop, for example, has a toggle to turn it on and whenever it crashes, you can send your logs via email.

The same would go with carcassonne. I presume it's the same info as you'd get via iTunes. It is THE way to do it :)

7. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    I found this yesterday: hoptoadapp.com. Looks like we will use it :)

8. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Online multiplayer out/on its way or no?

9. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
  10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wonderful! Please, please, say that it's asynchronous ;)

11. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Well I bought the game training up on the CPU now, definately excited for multiplayer tho :)

12. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I realize this doesn't go here, but I just started Puzzle and really like what I see so far! Great tutorial and manual. I'm looking forward to the full game and I bought the IAP too. I hope asynchronous mp is coming soon!

Is there a variant with 3 - 4 players?

13. jones2929

jones2929 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Just wanted to reiterate how awesome this game is for the iPhone. Carcassonne and Neurohima Hex are really in a class of their own.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Heck yeah! Go into Custom Game in the full game and you can setup any kind of game you want up to 4 players (each player being human or one of 3 difficulty levels of AI). You can hand pick each faction to be used or let some be randomized if you want a surprise.

15. countermind

countermind Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Best game on the App Store. Hands down.

16. owltopclip02

owltopclip02 New Member

May 29, 2011
    Neuroshima Hex + Lite - v1.3 (2 new armies IAP, Game Center, Universal)

Hi,

I just want to try this one. Never been play this game. :)

17. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    +1

Wholeheartedly agree. This game is a very nice board game. I already bought the actual board game with carcassone so I might get this one too eventually

18. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Thanks for the kind comments, guys :)

Answering the multiplayer question - our plan is to make it asynchronous (of course, playing synchronously will also be possible if you don't disconnect). Because NS Hex is a complicated game it will get our battle-tested multiplayer service solution after Army of Frogs (our new game, coming this month, hopefully :) ). We need to see what our server can and can not handle, what are we missing and what needs to be fixed and then add it to NS Hex.

19. Just want to say to other players like me who maybe was a bit put off by trying the Lite version and finding the rules to be a bit too complicated. Try the Puzzle version of the game. It servers as a really great introduction to most of the aspects of the game, without the need to figure out the whole game at once.

20. andsoitgoes

I'd agree only if you add Ticket to Ride onto that ;)

The AI in NH is actually quite amazing IMO. I'm impressed to see it do some stuff that just TICKS ME OFF. I want to slap the computer most of the time, I get so mad ;) That's saying something! :)