Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Sounds good to me!
    I'm gonna purchase the full version now!

Don't make me regret it :p

Also I personally like the idea of the price rising as you progress for the med packs

2. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Something that I feel would make the game much more enjoyable is simply removing the animation of opening up drawers. Honestly, I like to get to the action and fighting..and opening drawers (especially when their are like 5 to 10 in one room) is really annoying to have to sit through the animation of opening up the drawers. Would be nice if it would just give me the gold and open the drawers, without MAKING me watch it open. =] Thx!

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Good news!

I'm looking forward to playing this one again. :)

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #684 Ayjona, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    And just like that, the past is forgotten, and you are considered good guys again ;) I believe this is a tremendously smart and empathic move, and you'll now be known as developers who truly catered to the will of a sometimes capricious community ;)

I understand if you felt pressured into doing a complete 360. However, I, for one, would not mind if you allowed premium players to ALSO purchase equipment with sun coins, or just buy gold as IAP, the Infinity Blade way. And I doubt many others would, as long as the new content is balanced after premium players who buy no IA.

The reason I'd like to see this is not to purchase gold or sun coins myself, but because I'd like to see Phosphor make tons and mountains of cash, and therefore have the means to release a never-ending stream of top-quality iOS titles ;) (And give you an additional motivation to bring new content to the premium app.)

EDIT: As for health kits and bombs, I also like the idea of an incremental price for health packs.

More importantly, I would not mind if health packs and bombs did not scale, and therefore did not give full heals/kills upon use. I probably wouldn't mind no combat heals and a limit on carry capacity for health kits as well, the old way.

5. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #685 Johnny101, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    Yes, The guys at Phosphor are in the good books again.

Like I mentioned earlier there was no need for personal insults but the people that were upset and there were many of us..... Did help the devs realize how important the original version was, and how many people felt about the game.

Without people getting a little PO'd. The devs might not have changed the format back to how it should have been.

Again, Thanks Phosphor for taking this criticism and bringing the game back to it's glory.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It's like opening a treasure chest. A little breather, a little pace, a little realism(not the money in drawers, but the opening of them instead of just receiving gold). The drawers can be a bit redundant, mundane, but even the old guy gives you grief about it.
    You seem to want a speedy way to collect gold, and the game makes you work for it. Sort of like grinding in RPGs - you can go fast and forego gold, or go more slowly (collecting everything) but its going to take some time. No room for instant gratification. Keep the drawers!

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think lots of people will mind. I've got to the point that I won't buy a premium game if it has IAP. They all feel like they are just trying to suck my money, not improve my gaming experience.

8. Franeker

Franeker New Member

Mar 31, 2012
  9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #689 Ayjona, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    As long as the game is balanced after premium players who purchase no additional aid, making the IAPs fully optional, which is what Dark Meadow now might be, that feeling is purely irrational and emotive, and can be overcome with a bit of self-inflicted therapy ;)

Or, witty banter aside, in such a case, the IAP has absolutely no effect on gameplay, and I think that the only reason most players would have anything against such a system is the suspicion that the game might really be balanced to encourage or require IAP purchases. But most of the time, half an hour of gameplay will reveal if this is the case. I've heard very little complaints (apart from a few overzealous forum voices) over the IAP in the Infinity Blade series, most probably since most of us barely notice it is there, and never feel we need it to progress.

IAP that offers competitive advantages in online multiplayer, or IAP as a way to sell a game for many times the appropriate price point, now, that's the bad stuff. Fully optional IAP that has no effect on players that choose to ignore it is right up there after IAP for cosmetic effect on the harmlessness scale, and it seems to be that the only reason such IAP mechanics have garnered a bad rep is an irrational (but fully understandable, given recent Gameloft shenanigans, and similar schemes) anti-IAP hype.

If we could shed that reaction to harmless IAP, iOS devs would be free to explore additional ways of making iOS development more profitable without such massively negative reactions to harmless implementations of real-world purchases. Which would really benefit us all, in the end :)

And for something completely different: was Retina support removed from Dark Meadow for iPhone 4, or was it never in there to being with? I canna even recall how it looked before, but the game is not retinafied now. Both text, textures, hud elements and edges of creatures are jagged and slightly blurry.

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Am I the only one who likes more the original icon?

11. DannyWalkman

DannyWalkman Active Member

Mar 29, 2012
    No, you're definitely not alone. The current icon looks cheap to me, and has a slight feeling of dissapointment to it. Or maybe it's just me.

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    so whens the update going live?

13. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    I believe they have already submitted it to Apple. It is only a matter of time till it hits the stores. I would guess it takes anywhere from 3 days to 15 days for Apple to finally put it on the stores.

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes, they said they submitted to Apple, since they have been through this approval process a few times. I would say we should have the update by Sunday ( Just a guess though)

15. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    Hey i have 1 question.I try register to Phosphor game studio forum,but i have only information:

Any sugestions?

16. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Just deleted this off my phone last night, didn't realize it was chock full of IAP's now. Nothing makes me angrier than IAP on a premium game, regardless of what compensation I get.

17. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    its being fixed in the next patch...

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Maybe this could fix the IAP problems. It will be hitting the AppStore soon.

19. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    update is live!

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up! (Downloading :D)