Universal Pilot's Path - (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
  2. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    This is really weird, the full version is free but the light version is a buck #

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Devs, in the App Store description you media hype quotes include:
    However, as far as I can tell, there is no mention of Pilot's Path on the front page of Touch Arcade, little less an official review. From where did you get this quote?

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm pretty sure they mentioned it in a podcast and the tone suggests it was, but since I don't remember exactly, I'm curious about this too.

5. gunesk

gunesk New Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I havent been playing this game for several weeks. I updated game last time and now i have 99999 money. Is this bug happened to anybody else?

6. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    #86 Monolith, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    How do you complete the oil barrel mission?

First time I got it I had already cleared the mal and thought I had to save some oil barrels for this mission, so I restarted.

In my new game, bringing regular oil barrels doesn't count towards the mission. I think i've explored the whole map... what am I missing?

edit: nvm... oil platform was hidden way out

7. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    #87 Happybyte, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    That quote is from the Touch Arcade Friday podcast following the release date.

Somehow it has happened that our coverage on TA got totally screwed up.

The international promo work was outsourced to one of marketing agencies - I'e no idea when it gone so bad exactly, but TA has published info on all games released that day except the Pilot's Path. Mention in podcast is the only thing we got.

Don't know if it was because the game wasn't available in NZ iTuens Stores on time, or because the "agency" was pushing TA stuff to much to get our game ignored in such an obviously sad for us way.

Now, I think, we won't use any other agency ever again.

8. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Yep, that's quiate a bug.

Initially the idea was to reward existing customers on app update.

However, it has happen that it, on error, became available to anyone, even new users :)

9. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    As the outer archipelago generates with each new game - the only hint - fly around existing islands and expolore the map around, as all islands should be in a fully upgraded radar range from each other.

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    When will the new Chapter(s) coming out ?

11. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    [update] Pilot's Path with Baldepad bluetooth game controller support on iOS 6.x.

Hello all, we at Happymagenta decided not to wait until official iOS 7 release and decided to start supporting game controllers right away on present iOS versions.

So, while we are still working on a few cool new titles, we released an update to Pilot's Path with built-in support for Bladepad bluetooth game controller. More controllers are on the way to be supported as soon as hardware arrives to our location. And all our upcoming games will be using game controllers too.

As you can see from the short demo video, the game is fully managed from the controller - all menus, buttons, scrolling, items and etc.:

Bladepad controller is dechatable from the iOS device mount. So, you can leave your device near the TV and play the game fully remotely. Video output goes to an Apple TV via AirPlay or TV Out cable:

12. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    As soon as it's done - I hope soon :)

13. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Awesome. I look forward to eventually turning my iphone into a full fledged console. Hopefully other devs take a pro-active stance in supporting the new controller standards.

14. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Any news about the expansion?
    it' been 2 years now..

15. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Where is the tobacco?

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Pick this game up . It reminds me of jungle strike or Soviet strike for snes or ps1