iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. The card data can be edited easily, so I think its quite meaningless to compare ranked drop rates .

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #942 NotYou, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    I just rage quite and I don't feel guilty:cool:

The guy I was playing would do a move the exact moment as me and he got upper 100% of the time. When I got fed up, about the tenth time it happened, it just happened to be the finishing blow.

Apparently, if Akuma does that spinning kick (not even going to try to remember what it's called) the same moment as Ryu, Akuma will always take damage and Ryu will get nothing. Good to know if you're Ryu, even though it's cheap as all hell.

Akuma isn't aways so great when you play him, IMO. His moves are powerful, but he can't seem to handle much damage. He really doesn't last long against somebody of equal skill as yourself. YMMV

3. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Akuma is the one of the weakest characters in all of SF universe. And he's one of the easiest to stun as well. So yeah, he can do a lot of damage but Akuma players must be careful, precise and good at defending too otherwise it's suicide mission against Zangief.

4. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Ha!! I admit it's frustrating when we're outplayed like that, gotta resist the quit button though (I save it usually for Sagat players who does nothing but fireballs high and low non-stop).

5. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Hope you mean stamina wise. Because he left vanilla SF4 ranked 3, only after Sagat and Ryu (sorta, kinda a tie).

6. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    what is vanilla SF4?

by the way, Im having hard time to complete 8th challenge of Vega

and 7th challenge of Guile

can anyone guide me?

7. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, definitely stamina-wise :)

8. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Vanilla SF4 is... just SF4. SF4 nowadays just refers to SSF4.

Akuma's mid tier in SSF4, but he'll work his way up. He always does. But the nerfs do hurt. Akuma was the only high tier char that wasn't "cheap". He had no inherent advantages over others; you needed to be skilled and precise with him. He gets punished so easily if you screw up. With precision and skill, he was probably the best character in the game with the sheer amount of options available. And his wakeup game was second to none.

And fun to watch too (youtube tokido).

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I find that akuma in the ios version is just very choppy to play with. I main akuma on the console and he just doesnot feel right on the ios. Now i understand all the characters are going to not feel the same but akuma just feels unplayable. Ive been playing with ryu and my record is 110-10. Most of my losses are with akuma. I really hope that capcom can just make him feel a little smoother or something cause its almost impossible to play with him competivetlty. I still have not lost to one either. So i guess ryu it is.

10. kiancheong

kiancheong Well-Known Member

I was celebrating my win, and forgot to save the Replay.
    But even if I save it, how would you get it to play on your iDevice?

11. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    the window for linking a standing fierce after a double-roundhouse is pretty small, but any sort of lag will have a big impact on getting it off successfully. I ended up just doing fierce-spinkick-srk, instead of risking missing the link between double roundhouse-fierce and getting punished for it.

his special leap is pretty ineffective for mix-up, as is his diving kick, although they're both very good options for escaping fireball traps. diving kick seems to catch ryu fireballers before he can recover for an SRK; a regular jump kick gets punished due to jump floatiness. his jump kick also has a stupidly small hit box, either you land your foot very accurately, or you neckkick; anything else and it's missing and you're getting punished. compare that to ryu's jumpkick, huge huge diff.

i'm still hoping to figure out enough nuances to make him a viable option.

12. soulsearcher

Sep 8, 2010
    just now met few fireballs spammers

eg. Ryu, Ken and Sagat(high & low- very annoying)

besides FADC, what's the other strategy to punish them?

I feel that they just mashing the SP button non stop

FADC can go thru 1st fireball but will hit by subsequent fireballs

and jumping over seems not viable as they constantly SRK on you

13. Anyone up for some games :)

14. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Timing, anticipation, and baiting.

If you're using Ryu, you have the hurricane kick to fly right over and kick em in the face.

Otherwise, jump over fireballs to get closer, and anticipate their next fireball, and jump-kick them and launch into a combo. You can also throw fireballs of your own.

If you're reacting to a fireball and jumping over it, you're too late and you're going to catch an uppercut.

15. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Also, you also can't be afraid of getting hit by an SRK.
    Ryu's fireball does 60 dmg.
    His SRK does 110 dmg to a jumping opponent.
    A jumpkick-standingpunch-fireball combo does 256 dmg.

So if you jump over his fireball 3 times, get hit twice by SRK, but you hit him with one combo once, you've still got an advantage.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #956 Ayjona, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    I'm curious: what are the differences between Ruy and Ken that leaves Ruy at the top of the vanilla list of strongest fighters, and Ken not among the top three, at the very least?

I know they have diverged from each other as time has gone by (back when I first fired up SF2 on my Super Nintendo, the only difference was that Ken evidently enjoyed feeling his opponents up before throwing them a bit longer than Ruy ;) ). Are the super and ultras different enough to separate them in terms of effectiveness this much?

17. soulsearcher

Sep 8, 2010
    I was using Guile and took a little dmg in order to approach them
    once i was beside them I just crouch and waiting for SRK
    and i just flash kick them

or use Bison's head press and not follow up then jump backward
    and psycho crusher when they attempted SRK

I want to ask is it jump kick can only be blocked by high guard?

18. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    I personally find that Ken doesn't do enough damage in general. Ryu's jumpkick-fierce-upper combo lands 320 dmg. His SRK-Super-Ultra combo does around 754 dmg. His super can catch ppl jumping at you, and you can juggle with an ultra afterwards. Hurricane kick goes over projectiles and gets huge distance.

Ken's jumpkick-target-upper lands 299 dmg. The most I can get off a target-upper-super-ultra is 609, and the timing for it is pretty challenging.

Against ryu, I find ken needs to land at least 3-4 sets of combos to win a match, along with a lot of poking with kicks. With ryu, 2-3 sets of combos, along with a few fireball-srk traps, is enough to win.

Ryu's versaility with his super-ultra is really really useful.

19. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    yes, jump-kicks must be blocked high.

20. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Sorry for being a noob but during multiplayer matches can you use the SP button to assist you? For example, using it to do a Hadouken when playing as Ryu instead of Down-Forward+Punch. Personally, I prefer to do it manually but if the SP assist is available in multiplayer matches, I don't want to waste my time doing that if I can get beat by someone who just spams that one button. Thanks for any help. I would check myself but I'm unable to connect to a match at the moment. :D