iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't know about this game specifically, but there are several programs, like PhoneDisk (http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/) that provide a simple way to transfer app data, without jailbreaking. Most apps just store their save data in the Apps folder under the path for that particular app (something like com.developer.apptitle). Just copy that whole directory from your old device to the new one.

2. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I'll give it a go, thank you so much!

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    good to know.... imma use winscp to transfer directories then :D

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
  5. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    If you're Jailbroken you can also use a free app called DataDeposit which uses Dropbox to save your Saves. It works really well.

6. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I have a problem, I want to kill the enemies and get the treasure they leave after their death. So I leave one or two enemies and don't kill them to wait for the dead one to be replaced by treasure..but the stupid guests keep killing the enemies and interfer with my plans... I don't want guests!!!! I can win easily without them...but their presence is an obstruction as they kill the enemies fast so the dead ones didn't give me crystals or so. And at same time I have to heal those stupid guests so that I don't lose them.like the guest which is present with me from the first battle!!

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    im pretty sure if its a guest when they die, no countdown occurs. im think they just get a little star that floats above their head. they dont turn to crystals or chests.

8. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    I want to get the treasure and crystal from dead enemies.. But to get these crystals you have to wait for countdown to fall to zero. Till it appears and I walk over it and get it. But my guest characters go fast and kill the enemies and the battle ends before the treasure is appears and before the countdown falls to zero. For me I would slowly kill all enemies tend leave one enemy behind till I get all treasures to ensure I get it. But the guest ends the battle fast before the countdown. So I leave the battle without crystal.

9. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    How do you wait for countdown inorder to take the crystals from dead enemies while the guest characters controlled by a.i. Ends the battle by attacking other enemies before the the countdown turns to zero???

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't stress over the crystals too much, and the AI guest characters don't die in random battles, they just get knocked out. The only time you have to heal them is during storyline battles.

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Making good on promises, indeed. iPad version (though long overdue) and skip cutscene feature within the space of 30 hours. With the last of my complaints adressed, all I really now would want in FFT is iCloud support. (Retinaized units would be luverly, but is really more of spit and polish than features necessary for pleasant gameplay. A complete overhaul and touch adaptation of the interface would of course be better than anything, but occasionally, I prefer to be realistic ;) )

I usually have my doubts over the big players on the App Store (though Capcom has provided excellent support for SFIV Volt, and EA at least used to put out quality titles, though they were never very good at supporting them once they were out the gate), but I think I might have to make Square Enix exempt. Everything from ports of classics and original IPs for iOS, to post-release support to actually make the ports far more polished than they ever were on their original platforms... I get the feeling Square Enix are rather serious about the iOS platform.

Considering that with Chaos Rings and Chaos Rings Omega (two very well-made and qualitative games, my dislike for that genre notwithstanding), iOS has it's own original Final Fantasy-like IP, perhaps we'll even eventually see a new FFT-like from Square...

12. PUFFfft

PUFFfft New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    quick question:

After transferring files with winscp, I can load my files on the iPad but i cannot save on them? Everytime I try to overwrite an old save file (or make a new one), it just resets back to the original file that I transferred.

Any ideas?

Thanks

13. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Change the permissions on the file?

14. PUFFfft

PUFFfft New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    ^
    brilliant. fixed it

thank you

15. solarfl4re

solarfl4re Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Glad to know this works, after waiting for so long I finally just went the Retinapad route.

16. starfly3r

starfly3r Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    #756 starfly3r, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    Can i know how many heroes u can in a party during a battle??? I look at some video on youtube that you cannot have the whole team in battle... am i right??

17. whereswally

whereswally Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Tynar rouge

Is tynar rouge on this version? Or is that psp exclusive
    Hoping it would b in here too. But i'm on chapter 4, stop on a town with agrias mustadio + the 2 knights but nuthin :(

Anybody know anything about this? Thx guys :)

18. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    aside from the obvious (building up charac and stuff). what extra stuff does this game offer after you beat it. compared to other versions?

beat it and wondering what items are new...maybe the ones that used to only be attainable through multiplayer for psp before?

19. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I think it has to be cancer 1 when you stop on a town

20. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    one of the two knights being Alicia Too