Universal Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (By Gimka Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Why not just include the option to turn it off permanently? I can't see a use for it - more an annoyance than anything else.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    So, what, you think I want to see it 100 times, but not 200 times? And then another 100 times when I decide to level up a new hero?

There's definitely a bit too much "you have to level up/pay tokens just to play the game the way you want". I mean, pay tokens to increase the speed to 4x? Really?? It's not even a problem for me, it's just irritating.

3. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

In stonebreak, the ninjas will sometime go inside the buildings/ tunnels. They will get healed when they do that, so that's why Melwen prioritize on attacking them.

The bone riders are strong against magic and arrows. You have to use infantries.

Here is a walkthrough for Sanctuary:
    http://www.defenderchronicles.com/forum/index.php?topic=2439.0

4. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Upcoming new map for update 1.2.

Name: Crossroads
    Description: A small crossroads “suburb” of Sanctuary. Huts, Blacksmith, Pub, etc. A small town on the outer edges of the Kingdom.

We have arrived near the edge of the Kingdom to find a disorganized band of Orcs raiding the small city of Crossroads. How or why this small band has reached this far into our lands is curious.

We will deal with them before traveling further. They should be little trouble—many of them bear wounds that appear to be from a recent battle.

Facebook Photo

[​IMG]

5. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

We'll consider this. Thanks!

6. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

DaviddesJ, DC is always about grinding and hardcore gaming. Sorry, if it doesn't match your expectation.

7. TouchNoodle

TouchNoodle Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Hi, enjoy the game... but confused on Melwin and her magic. How do I use Order Magic? I'm lvl 69 now... and I can't use any medallions.

I search on your website... and I found if I level up archmages they can cast spells? But they don't have the option either.

The white wizard I finally saw on a level could cast them and it's how I got the chaos spells working. But how do I get Order?

8. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I have no problem with grinding and hardcore gaming. That's really different from, "We're going to slow the game down unless you pay us some tokens." The rewards from the game should be to unlock capacities in the game, not just to get rid of artificial annoyances like slow levels or tedious splash screens or shops that offer mostly stuff you don't want and take many extra clicks to refresh, etc., etc. Your player base seems unanimous on all of this stuff, so I don't really understand why you are so resistant. Of course it's your game.

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I've never used the 4x speed, the 2x speed seems fast enough for me to still have some control over the fights, i think the 4x speed is for when your units are so strong that the levels are cakewalks, to speed things along.

great game, and thanks for the new contents!

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    4x still gives you plenty of control, because you can pause the game (or drop to normal speed) at any time. I don't think playing with 4x means you take any less time on each level, it just means you can fast forward and then slow down when you have decisions to make. Like watching TV with TiVo, vs. having to watch all of the commercials and boring segments at the same speed as everything else. It's also nice when you want to zoom through the first playing just so you can discover what is coming when and where, which you need to know when formulating the full strategy for the level.

I'm not sure any level is ever a cakewalk, because if you are high level then you're playing the levels at higher difficulty.

11. nbast

nbast Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Infinite Boss Respawn [BUG]

This happened late last night, and I fell asleep in the middle of the game in question, so details are somewhat sketchy... I was about level 60 with the General. I think I was playing on Taric on either Master or Heroic.

I need to kill things with berserkers for on of the achievements, so I built strong archers up high, and a berserker towards the bottom.

I ended up with a configuration where the last boss (werewolf) would kill one of the berserkers right as the other berserker respawned. The respawned berserker would engage the newly duplicated boss and the wounded boss would wander off to be killed by my archers.

When this pattern started, I wasn't looking at the bottom of the screen, so I don't know what combination of things happened to start the chain reaction. Once I realized what was happening, I let it go to see how long it would last. It was around 12:30, so I quickly fell asleep. I have no idea how long the game kept going in the boss slaying loop.

This morning, I turned the iPad back on, and it wasn't in the game any more. I launched DC2, and tapped the campaign button. It was on a black screen for a minute or so, then crashed. I did it again, and it crashed again. I was late for work, so I set it aside.

After work, I tried again, and starting the campaign took me to the world map. I went into the character screen and was surprised to see I was level 298 and had 904 points to distribute. I then went to the shop, and saw that I had 184 thousand tokens...

The log doesn't include anything from the Taric fight at all.

You may want to add a maximum number of time werewolves can convert infantry to new werewolves or do something else to prevent this from happening again.

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA

Well, DC is always about grinding and hardcore gaming. So this sounds just fine. Well done! :rolleyes:

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    that's why i am saying that there are no guilds at top and it's fire wand so basically enemies come with full health anyway or for melven it does not matter? the walkthrough is for heroic what is very easy. for legend difficulty it's different. i have all commander stats topped but it seems like this map is impossible to win without using some spells.

14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I've had the game freeze on Sanctuary twice, just as I land the finishing blow. This doesn't seem to happen on the earlier maps. Has anyone else noticed this (or has it come up already)?

15. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    #595 MisterDrgn, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    Speaking as a loyal fan, could you PLEASE find a way to add maps without taking away my reputation/re-locking Legendary?

Here's one idea: just don't re-lock Legendary.

16. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    I gotta agree on this one. That animation at the start of the level has added absolutely nothing since the second time I played a level. Why shouldn't players be able to turn it off?

Also, are you adding a level restart?

17. Citsade

Citsade Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Had a weird graphical/gameplay glitch this morning.

I was playing Heroic Freestyle, Razortooth with Melwyn...and one of those War Machines were working their way up from the bottom of the stage, and when I killed it...whatever was inside of it was just a fuzzy graphic, like flying bats, and floated down and to the left of the stage (versus the middle towards Melwyn)...and disappeared. I couldnt kill it...and it took 4 points off my gate as well.

18. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    At higher difficulties this game is turning out to be more grindy than strategy. Was trying heroic difficulty for "underfell", and the glowing red ninjas are apparently unkillable. In the academy it says their weakness is ranger, so I built 1 level 2 ranger and 1 level 3 ranger, all with maxed attack bonus (research "arrow" 3 times), barely did any damage. So then I tried 1 level 5 ranger with maxed attack which is all I can afford before they appear, still barely did any damage. Mages do no damage, wizards/archmages do no damage, spells like inferno and blizzard do no damage, warriors get killed by them within 1-2 seconds, and on top of all that they have the fastest running speed in the game. What exactly is their weakness then?? A level 10 ranger that doesn't exist? :confused:

19. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I wouldn't trust the "advice" in the academy, much.

20. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I know the glowing red ninjas are the boss version of the red ninjas, but their defense is way too high or HP is way too high. I've exhausted every single unit type already and they're still unkillable. The only thing left to do is grind melwen's archer commander skill up to 50, which, considering it takes 4 points for her to level it up once, is pure and painful grinding process. Right now I have it at 30 something.