Legacy the TCG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by starcat, Jun 3, 2010.

1. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    #1 starcat, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    Legacy the TCG is under construction but is now taking beta testers. only 100 are needed and 100 will get in. no more no less.

in order to qualify you MUST be only somewhat frequently so we can test out the balance of everything, the bandwidth of the site and all the functions. must also be reachable.

Beta testers will get Special cards wich will not be available to the public and only 100 of these cards will ever be made. plus maybe..just maybe some money in store credit :)

Www.legacytcg.com

also.. i just contracted with a Rather famous artist. so the new art will be mind blowing.
    -

Legacy is an Online TCG unlike anything you've played before.
    Smarter Combos.

more intelligent design of characters. a lot of heroes in the game play differently than everyone else. meaning 2 people can play the same hero but completely differently!

Beta launch is not open yet, but we are now accepting testers!

this is my new artist. pretty epic.

Attached Files:

• art.jpg
      art.jpg
      File size:
      117.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I really want to be a beta tester, but I wont give you my phone number!!!

But I really think I would make a good tester. I have a lot of free time at the moment, as my school have closed down for a while. I have played TGC games for like 5 years, and I really like exclusive cards :p

3. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    you dont have to give me the phone number. lol i dont know why my programmer put that in there.

4. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Good :p

I really want to test :) should I try to send in again?

5. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    beta test

sure. i just opend up beta testing theres only 30+ people signed so far. you can just put a fake phone number if it seems to be mandatory

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looking forward to playing a decent TCG on my iPod.

PM Sent! ;)
    Form Filled. :cool:

7. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    just so you know this is initially a Browser game with an upcomming APP to make it available for Ipad/iphone (hopefully ipod touch)

you can play with people over a server hosted inside the browser. you can buy cards / play for Ante, points or cards. you can even open up a store and sell any cards you want and people can buy off of you. so you can make money playin this game.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Will it play on Safari on my iPod? (i.e. not using Flash?)

9. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    that is my main focus is to not use any flash. im designing this game as a Player first. and i'd love to play this on the Ipad, so im designing it to not suck on iphones/ipads.

so the short answer is yes.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sounds good to me.

11. Pawtklok

Pawtklok Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    So i tried to sign up to beta... I got a failed notice that the email didn't exsist.... Message me here if you want so I can apply for beta :p

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #12 Vovin, Jun 3, 2010
    Starcat? Name sounds familiar...

Weren't you that unsympathic guy who tried to damage a fellow indie dev seriously only for using the word "Legacy" in the game title?
    And aren't you the guy who was talking not very nice in the 100 Rogues-thread?

Be sure that I won't support you in any way.
    Your deeds weren't honorable 'til now and I dislike people which are doing such things only to gain advantage for their own good.

Btw., your new graphics are looking like the graphics Kyle Poole is using for his TCG. Sure that this game or graphics aren't a rip-off?

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #13 Vovin, Jun 3, 2010

Yeah, seems you don't care for anything than yourself.
    It's not about what you say, it's how you say it.

Furthermore, threatening to sue a fellow indie dev isn't something I'd call a nice move.

Strangest thing - every explanation seems to have taken place per PM only.
    You don't care, I know, but friendliness won't hurt you.

All this is a pity because your game seems to be really interesting from the description of your homepage.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

No need to get sarcastic. I just hit the send button accidentally.

15. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    So this game is 5% done?

When do you think beta testing will begin?

16. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    not the game. the site

were building / coding everything. im just getting stuff ready now so i can do beta by the time its done. never hurts to be ready.

the game has been finished for a while

17. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    ok, that's good to know. There's so many announced TCG's lately. I can think of three with yours announced it's great competition :D. I for one, look forward to see how your game plays. I'm a huge fan of TCG's and i would love to see great titles on the platform.

putting aside all the drama b/c well....it's drama :eek:

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #18 Vovin, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010

English isn't my first language, I just can try to give my best at it.
    You shouldn't forget that people from all over the world are members here.
    Criticizing me because of my lack of language doesn't lead anywhere.
    But I assume you speak every language perfectly?
    Munkie?

@ starcat: thanks, again your answers showed what kind of personality you are.

I wouldn't call a friendly relationship between devs themselves and gamers "kissing ass". Most devs are very helpful toward the other devs.
    Commander Data, for example, earned a big heap of respect for his selfless help with the 100 Rogues game.
    Even more, he was helping a competitor.
    Sympathy has nothing to do with the business here? No. Sympathy is playing a major role on this forum. It's not everything about business here, that is only a minor aspect. I never saw a forum with so many helpful gamers, contributing support, help and ideas for the devs. Just read the Fargoal threads - the devs and gamers have always fun talking together and built up a really good relationship.
    As far as I can tell by your statements - you're just after the money.
    Oh, and here is Kyle Pooles "Shadow Era" - thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=43380
    I can see a lot of similarities in the work of your new artist and Kyle's style.

Well, you don't need me as a customer, I don't need your game. Let's leave it at that.

I think I'll make a cut here and wish you honestly the best of luck for your upcoming game.

19. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Hi,

Lets keep the thread on topic please. Anymore offtopic discussion will be deleted from the threa. If you arent interested in the game beta and dont have anything to discuss about the game, please do not post here.

IMNS

20. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    yea im lookin forward to see how something i created will stack up.

the one thing i felt was missing from almost every card game was adaptability.. i mean lets say you have a warrior hero.. and your fighting a guy who plays a warrior type. more often than not you already know what kind of deck the guy has just based on the 1 or 2 cards you've seen.

thats what happened to almost every single popular card game. oh he has a beatdown deck. oh he has a burn deck.

my game attempts to eliminate that by adding several factors as well as 2 Optional mechanics. i say optional because if neither player wants them they are unnecessary.