Silent Hill/Resident Evil for iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by November's Chopin, Jan 28, 2012.

1. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Do you think we will ever see the Silent Hill/Resident Evil (not the crappy RE4/mercenaries minigame on iOS) series on iOS? By Resident Evil I mean the original series, the ones that are actually considered survival horror. The horror/survival genre is pretty much nonexistent on iOS, I don't know a single game that is truly considered survival horror. There are lots of wannabes that label themselves as "horror", but the fact is they just aren't scary, or got the wrong concept of what survival horror is. Zombies or bloody disgusting monsters aren't scary, they're used to make you lose your appetite but won't even scare my 5-year old neighbour at this day and age.
    Capcom had no problems making a minigame version for RE4, so I'm assuming there won't be any legal problems at least, though the iOS version really sucked. I think with A5 devices, a FULL port of Silent Hill 1, 2, or even 3 is fully possible. Man those games were epic, my second favourite horror game series behind Fatal Frame.
    So anyone want to guess if we will ever see these epic titles brought to iOS, or know of any gossip why these aren't possible?

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Don't think it's likely or it would have happened already but I do think it's really sad state of affairs when Gameloft's Zombie Infection was actually better than Capcoms Resident Evil version although of course that is not saying much.

3. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Guess this is the reason why iPhone will always be a phone and not a proper gaming device, developers just don't take it seriously and probably never will, since if they did they would have taken advantage of the A5 core. I don't care of PSP has lower specs than A5/A6/A7/A-whatever, those are actual gaming devices where every game is a proper port of a console-quality games, or even console-quality games made just for them, while the iPhone is stuck with maybe one quality game out of every thousand games.

4. daigamer

daigamer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    DeadSpace is %100 solid, have you play it yet. If not go download it now. Its as console quality as you can get. The RE4 and Silent Hill on iphone now are both pure crap.

5. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Well the iPhone has some pretty hardcore games...Dead Space, Real Racing 2, Infinity Blade II, Modern Combat 3, EPOCH., Galaxy on Fire 2, GTA 3, etc.

Then again people need to stop thinking the iPhone has a mobile gaming device like the 3DS or PSP Vita. Also Apple should make GameCenter way better with some features like:

●New layout and design
    ●New player profile & avatar
    ●iMessage integration
    ●Facebook & Twitter integration
    ●New GameStore (buy games here)
    ●New multiplayer lobby
    ●Improved friends list (see who's online/offline)
    ●Improved voice chat support
    ●Find friends using Contacts and Facebook
    ●Landscape support
    ●iCloud syncing support

6. azt44

azt44 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    singapore!
    I'm happy to see if this come true! . :(

7. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Maybe when apple desides to give us a premium store but right now i doubt it