Should I get Star Defense or Assassins Creed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Genius, Jul 17, 2009.

?

Should I get Star Defense or Assassins Creed?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2009.
  1. Star Defense

32 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Assassins Creed

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Should I get Star Defense or Assassins Creed? I'm a fan of both genres and I've done lots of research on both but I don't which to get.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Flip a coin.

3. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    lulz. Honestly, niether. Star defense is good, but there are better TD games for less money (Geodefense), and assassins creed is just trying too hard to be a console game.

4. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    my opion

i would say assassins creed thats my opionon its your choice;)

5. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Star Defense, Assassin's Creed gets repetitive way to fast, and doesn't have a nifty social networking client.

6. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Assassin's Creed. That one got to me straight away, while I erased Star Defense on the first day. Waste of money, I know... :p

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Out of those two, star defense, but really you should get geo defence if you want a td game.

8. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    None of them really appealed to me that much, but if you really want to get a good TD game, Defender Chronicles is a steal right now. If I had a choice between the two, I would pick Star Defense, but thats just my opinion.

9. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Star defence, Assassins Creed is a pretty short game where Star Defence has limitless enjoyment. That is if u like TD games

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    My opinion is for Assassin's Creed: Artair's Chronicles! It's long for an iPhone game, it has all elements I like. It's just great. I don't know about Star Defense. It looks good, but I'm still deciding on what TD game I want.

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Star Defense. Unless you love decent platformers and laughable voiceovers and stories.

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I liked Asassins Creed more! Star Defense just isn't spechial enaugh. If you want to get a good TD game, get Geodefense, Tower Madness or SweetWater Defense!

Asassins creed is one of gamelofts long games.

13. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Star Defense without question. Isn't even close for me. I've had AC longer and still haven't bothered to finish it.

I loved Star Defense.

I have all the other RD's people keep recommending, but feel Star Defense is better than them as well.

Geodefebse is good, but it turns into a frantic quick reflex game at the end of each level where suddenly things speed up massively, you can't possably spend your money as fast as you earn it, and you start just building and upgrading as fast ad your fingers can move. I like TD's that are more about strategy than quick fingers. The enemies (simple shapes) are also less interesting. Don't get me wrong, Geodefense is worth getting (I've beaten all but two levels,) but I like Star Defense better.

Defender Chronicles is a great game and very fun, and I love the idea of story and RPG elements in a TD, but the story is way too thin and doesn't really move the game forward (the levels still seem unconnected,) and having to at the same levels over and over to level up gets tedious. Defender Chronicles plays very well and looks great, but I was hoping for a deeper story and deeper RPG elements. Still, any TD fan should get it.

Sweet Water is pretty fun ANC also worth getting, but isn't on the level of Star Defense or Defender Chronicles. Most levels are really short, and while it's good, I just didn't find it as fun.

I'd take all the mentioned TD's over Assasins Creed though. That game just didn't do it for me.

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Star Defense has gimmicky-yet-mediocre gameplay, there are better TD games out there.

15. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    There's better out there. But between the two, I'd say Star Defense, if it was REALLY a matter of either/or.

16. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    try castle of magic. If you like platformers you won't be disappointed.

Also hudson has fixed bomberman 2's controls and added a bunch of new level designs. Try it, if you like arcade games and/or have a coworker or friend with an idevice who can be convinced to buy it, you will love it.

17. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #17 Alichan76, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    Star Defense! It's a wonderful example of an iDevice sentric game. While others criticize the lack of depth, I find it rather refreshing not to be bogged down with over complicated stuff. I haven't completed all the maps, so there is challenge to be had.

Although I sort of enjoyed Assassin's Creed, it got to a point when I just couldn't be bothered to go on. Plus, as others have mentioned, it's one of those 'cram an action/adventure console game with walking running characters into a tiny phone with no buttons' scenarios, which, although not the worst of the them, will only ever provide a modicum of enjoyment, IMO, especially if you have played its console counterpart I could imagine.

18. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    I've got both games and I prefer Star Defense, to be honest. That's just me though :)

19. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Star Defense 20 57.14%
    Assassins Creed 15 42.86%

What a joke, 20 + 15 = only 35 ppl vote? it is not accurate

Let's take a look on iTune
    Star Defense > Average rating for all versions: 4/5 stars 60 ratings
    Assassins Creed > Average rating for all versions: 4.5/5 stars 317 ratings

THE FACT IS:

Assassins Creed is BETTER on either Rating and Popularity

so you know what you should do. :D