Universal WitchSpring3 (By SUYOUNG JANG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 27, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw man I unlocked the bigger soul stone (700) and bought the most expensive doll I had in the basement, the golem. He's awesome. Walking speed isn't changed but he's the one that walks around and he carries you in his hand. Ahh these girls in Witchspring are so cool. I love the feeling of power I get.

My favorite thing to do in combat is to turn on the magic sword skill and combo away. Not only does it look awesome but it's incredibly powerful and attacks all the enemies on the field. It's probably the best combat upgrade for WS3. I've actually used that to beat the stronger bosses. There's a secret boss in the basement where you found the first teleport circle and he's pretty powerful but if you focus fire on him with the magic sword + heal doll you should be able to take him down. He drops a really powerful accessory that increases your agility by +60. I actually was using the item for a while but decided to unequip it since it was a bit too good early game - I could take 2-3 turns to attack before the enemy got to. And if you're riding an animal you're even a tad faster as well.

I've already crafted lots of things after leveling up through training to unlock more crafts. I have the second sword and the higher lightning magic now.

About 5 hours in and it gets a 5 star rating from me :)

2. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    So, I completed the game but I wonder if I’m missing anything.

I never got that black dress you see her wearing on the store page.

I also don’t seem to have noticed different endings, nor does there seem to be an extended game like there was in WS2, with the optional extra hard bosses.

Unfortunately, especially with the bugs, while I think the game is worth $4 certainly. It doesn’t really compare to WS2. It’s a successor the way the iPhone 8 is, it’s just not the iPhone X(not that I’m a fan of it anyhow).

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Ahh that's surprising. I already think it's better than WS2 imo. Lots of great improvements and more interesting characters. The story also intrigues me more. WS2 is great but I can't think of anything I like better in WS2. Even training is worse in WS2 because you can do it non stop and it doesn't control the difficulty.

I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion in the end.

4. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I seem to have a major bug, and cannot continue..

In Northern Misty Forest (coming out back of the cave), you have to take on a mushroom - I can attack, but on the mushroom’s turn nothing happens, sits there indefinitely...

I’ve tried using magic only, weapons only, but same issue every time..

Any suggestions?

5. Malphas

Malphas Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The game has 3 different endings (you can only get 3 optionen when you told adrian where you live) you can decide which ending you get after you've been thrown out of the village after killing the ancient dragon

Ps you get the black dress at the second and third option

6. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Ok, found another way to continue the story..

Beginning of Chapter 2 (I think), there’s a quest to kill warriors in Misty Forest - I’ve fought all the mobs in and around Misty Forest and none of them seem to be warriors, any tips?

7. symptomac

symptomac Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 23, 2012
    Silly question. Where do you find or upgrade Soul Stones? I'm killing dragons and still have only one doll because of it, lol.

Otherwise living the game but agree WS2 was more involving.

8. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    As part of main quest line, chapter 2 I think, grandma teaches you recipe to upgrade main soul stone - you then need to craft it

Expanded soul can be used in basement to unlock new dolls, or upgrade existing

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Yep, it’s in Chapter 2. Grandma lives East and North of your house. The area for collecting upgrade materials is east of her place.

Got a question myself:
    Does anyone know how to “Purify a Magic Detector”? I got that as Chapter sidequest (right side of the quest journal).

10. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Was hoping to find out myself!! I'm assuming we need to research more crafting recipes..

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Figured it out. Apparently crafting a “Small Purified Magic Stone” (needs two Magic Detectors) did the trick.
    Now, off to kick that
    Ancient Dragon’s 80k HP
    butt ;)

On a sidenote, I feel ridiculously overpowered already, the above should be testament to that :p

12. Malphas

Malphas Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hnng almost done anyone know how to be friend with judith and which chars im missing too?

Attached Files:

13. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    How are you that overpowered already?! Craziness

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I did a lot of material farming to build everything I could get my hands on before proceeding with the storyline.

Even the small stuff like +3HP or +2 Agility adds up quickly when you get it in sufficient numbers.

Oh, and turns out that dragon was only a toddler. Just met his dad, or rather DAD ... 400k HP and hits like a truck :p I'll need roughly another 500 on top of my current HP to survive a hit from him that doesn't get reduced by Magic Shield.

Here's a screenshot of my current Witch:

Attached Files:

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sorry, no idea. I didn't even meet Judith yet.

16. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Meh the training isn’t that limited. If you keep doing all those side missions eventually you can do 5 day training sessions 15+ times before you can’t train anymore. The entire game has actually been a little too easy except some of the big big bosses. But I like some of the side stuff you can find just by chance. Like certain pets and stuff. It’s a great game. Now in the red fox forest you encounter an animal and it runs off and you say it can unlock new magic if you get it. Unfortunately I have no clue where to find it . I ran around for a bit then just left lol.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Spot on. I currently have 33 training sessions piled up and didn't even get around to use them yet as Adri will show up again in a few days. Maybe after that, might just give me enough oomph to kill that big daddy dragon ;)

And got some more questions:
    1) How do I get the Desert Worm south of Lehert Village out of its hole? I can't figure it out.
    2) Where Brad the Bandit drops his treasure chest into the water east of Lehert, there's some turtle-thingie in the water. Can I get there already in Chapter 3, or will that come later?
    3) One of the two storyquests for Chapter 3 still says to go look for Johannes in Lehert Village, but I cannot find him anywhere. I assume this will resolve naturally when I follow the other storyquest and wait for Adri to show up again?

18. Malphas

Malphas Member

Mar 20, 2017
    1) you need to talk to the lehert chief
    2) I think you cant get the treasure chest (im pretty sure its the treasure chest you can find in ws2)
    3)did you talked with the lehert chief?

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #39 Nullzone, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Thanks, Malphas!

For 1 & 3: I talked to the Lehert Chief during the storyquest earlier (before going into the mine), but now he's not around anymore.
    I progressed the story further (with Adrian (not) showing up after 10 days) , will just see what happens.

As for 2:
    Damn, you are right ;) I too remember the turtle from WS2, just didn't make the connection.

UPDATE: got the worm, yay for overkill :D just was too impatient, thought it’s a sidequest or somesuch.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Give ws2 a try and let me know what you think of that trainin system compared to this game :D

I actually didn't focus on the side missions since there are so many and generally you'll come across them as you explore or progress in the story.