red conquest vs warfare inc

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Themagictouch, Dec 12, 2009.

?

Red Conquest Vs. Warfare Inc

1. Warfare Inc

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Red Conquest

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    hey just wondering if you had to pick one which one would it be and why? oh and does warfare inc have a skirmish mode?

2. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Well, Red Conquest is just out so without deeper knowledge on it, and beating the campaign, replayability, or multiplayer it's hard to give a informed opinion on it, but right off the bat I love Red Conquests controls (way more than Warfare Inc, although they were nicely executed as well) because they are better suited to a touch screen.

When I get more into the game I'll post deeper impressions.

Warfare Inc has online multiplayer which is pretty lag-free, Red Conquest might, but it does have bluetooth/wifi multiplayer, which you can also play by yourself against bots.

3. Themagictouch

Jul 14, 2009
    thanks for that, made me press the buy button, can't wait to try it out, looks awesome

4. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I would go for Red Conquest. I got both games, both games are very nice, but the gameplay and the style of Red Conquest is simply awesome... It's interface is designed for the iDevice, which makes it a lot easier to use than the one in Warfare Inc. Warfare Inc. has got a nice interface, but it uses (as most of the RTS games) a selection rectangle, like all computer RTS games do.

Red conquest got lots of selection options which help you to pick the units you want to pick. You placed your units in a too chaotic way? No problem, Ranged Select, Select all in view, filter everything but combat units out, and then send the combat units to the front line.
    You are attacked from all sides and want to protect your most important units? Ranged Select, Select all in view (or on whole map... nice thing about select all in view: the more you zoom out, the more units you select with "Select all in view"), Turtle fomation. This will build a circle-like formation, most important units in middle.

These selection, filter, formation/move things can be done in very few clicks. I can select all combat units and send them to fight in one or two seconds. Warfare Inc.'s selection rectangle cant select only the units you want when some other units are placed in between.

Another nice movement control option is the Squad multimove. You can finely tune the movements of every single unit. You can control as many units as you like at the same time (ok its limited to the number of fingers you are able to use, i mostly use my two thumbs...).

What's also special about Red Conquest is the fact that there are no "buildings" with fixed placement. There are units (Base, Foundry,...) which can produce other units. This is nice because you can move some foundries with your Fighters and tell them to build more fighters, and when they arrive at the enemy base your army has grown quite a bit.

Another special thing about the unit placement: Units block each other (right now I don't know if they block each other in Warfare Inc. too, but in Red Conquest using Units as blockers is an essential part of the game). There are two formations which help you build a nice base, they are nearly the same (vertical line and horizontal line). You know that your enemy comes from the right side and you want to protect your important Foundries and the Base Unit? Select all fighters, tell them to build a line in front of your other units. The enemy won't come through (if you can hold the line; if the enemy manages to kill enough units, you will need to rebuild the formation by shortening the line or sending in new fighters).

But Warfare Inc. has got some nice advantages, too.
    1. Online Multiplayer. Thats a nice thing, but John (dev of Red Conquest) said that he will implement online multiplayer if enough people want it.
    2. Level Editor. That's the main advantage of Warfare Inc.
    John said he might implement a level editor (maybe for PC/Mac like Warfare Inc.) if enough people want it, but he also said that it's more unlikely than online multiplayer.

5. Themagictouch

Jul 14, 2009
    does warfare inc have a skirmish mode thats not online? like just you agaisn't 3 other computers?

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    wow thanks vingdoloras, that make me want to buy it now. I only have $5 so its either this or labyrinth two.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yessir, and it also has a myriad (1000+) of free downloadable missions and mission packs from directly in the game.

8. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Labyrinth 2

9. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Aww that's a hard one... Labyrinth 2 is a very nice game, too, but I would still buy Red Conquest if I had to choose (but I don't have to choose, I got both games :D)

10. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Get both since warfare inc is still on sale for 1 dollar. At least in the us appstore.

11. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    #11 da shiz wiz 19, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    Nevermind

12. Themagictouch

Jul 14, 2009
    thank you for jacking my thread lol

13. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    lol okay ill delete it =)

14. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Yes, as long as it's on sale it's a must-buy (but in my opinion red conquest is still better :D)

15. Themagictouch

Jul 14, 2009
    i was joking but thanks haahaha