Air Hockey Arcade by Arroyo Games, looking for beta testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Arroyo, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arroyo

Arroyo Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #1 Arroyo, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

Air Hockey Arcade by Arroyo Games, looking for beta testers!

Our game has been known as Ice Hockey Kings lately, but we needed to change the title.
    Anyway, we got 10 beta invitations for anyone, who will write the most interesting gameplay mode to put in our game,
    and 5 invitations that we are going to give away randomly for people from this topic, don't write us pms or mails, we will choose directly from here.

Good Luck :)

Air Hockey Arcade is still in work in progress status.
    It's going to be a variation about air hockey, but with much more fun, full 3D environment and models, unique graphic style, bonuses,
    many modes to choose from, and real hockey match atmosphere with bottles thrown from the crowd, fights, and everything has an impact
    on the gameplay.

It will support iPhone and iPad in the future. Apart from playing with the AI, you can play it with a friend on one iPhone, as well as by WiFi
    and Bluetooth.

Some of the features:
    - customizable avatars (e.g you can choose your favourite color and face)
    - many gameplay modes, like Arcade, Time Trial, special modes like exploding puck, throwing bottle,
    challenges (e.g. escape from thrown bottles as long as you can)
    - fights! In a form of a quick time events
    - bonuses, similar to NHL Arcade on PSN, e.g. supershot, stun, slowdown
    - openfeint with trophies and achievements

Here are a few screens from AHA:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Official trailer:

Become a fan of Arroyo Games on facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/Arroyo-Games/187547627168

Follow us on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/ArroyoGames

2. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    hi i would like to start beta testing and was wondering if i could begin with your game?

3. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    How bout a dinosaur level where the goals are dinos and u hav to make the puck explode in its mouth to kill it and get a goal! I'd love to beta!

4. iTracki

iTracki Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    I would love to do a beta test, I promise to give lots of feedback. Thanks :D

5. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    I would love to be beta! The game mode you might need is crazy mode where everything is backwards like the controls screen and everything else!

6. Gamer-Winner

Gamer-Winner Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Great shots. Give more info about the modes that are already.

7. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    #7 EMTKiNG, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    Looks FUN!!

Looks fun no boring paddles and puck I would love to βeta test for ya :D

id say a glow in the dark game mode or a shoot out mode yeaahhh

8. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Would love to beta test this, how about a mode where you control the puck with the accelorometer

9. Arroyo

Arroyo Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #9 Arroyo, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    Good ideas! We got a mode which is called The Black Ice mode, which is more s-f or even cyberpunk style, screens will be adde soon!
    Also, during a match you can take a bonus, which will slow everything down and you have a small amount of time to make a supershot..

[​IMG]

There will be smth similar to shoot out mode, details soon.

EMTKiNG, please send us a pm with your iPhone's UDiD, and we will send you a beta :)

10. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #10 Sxethang, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    Hi I would like to be a beta tester, and I think a cool game mode would be with 3gs feature, which is the white on black. Maybe it could be something like when It is asked to switch, it could be a bonus mode, or something along those lines.

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    In the bluetooth mode you could have a competition where you cand your friend go against a CP using spot kicks(think of a penalty shootout in soccer)

12. Gamer-Winner

Gamer-Winner Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Blowing into the microphone that could provide a tornado or freeze opponent!

13. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Ok let's see, game modes.

Boss Mode: The puck does damage, so you don't need to scored but actually hit the enemy, but the enemy can also stop the puck receiving no damage and send it back to you stronger so you gotta be cautious (dodge ball style).

Physics are your friend mode: the field is uneven, so some areas require more strenght than others to get the puck through, some add speed, some take it away and even some (in the case of a lateral inclination) change the direction of the puck for added challenge.

Pucks are food, not friends: In this mode you're competing against someone else, but not in the normal style on on each side, but actually you both fight for the puck control in order to get a chance at scoring at an empty (or with a goalkeeper to make it harder) goal.

Play dirty mode: This one plays like a normal mode, but you can throw pieces of your equipment at your enemy, which makes you faster, but also more vulnerable. In this mode you have a stamina bar that decreases and makes you slower if you take too much damage (so the throwing of the equipment and dodging gets more strategic).

That puck is on fire!: Not only is the puck way faster, but it is actually on fire, so the field is slowly melting, you need to completely melt your enemie's side w/o getting all of your side melt and drowned (lol), the melted parts have heavier physics so the ball gets slower while going through them.

That's all for now, hope I get in :p

14. Arroyo

Arroyo Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009

Great ideas Khamous! Boss damage and melting is smth taht we didn't think about :)

Send me a pm with your iPhone's UDiD :)

15. Rblacula

Feb 27, 2010
    How bout a mode where its air hockey, only u r FLYING!

Or a stone mode where ground scuffs up the bottom of your puck and u cant move!

Or a laser mode where u hav 2 avoid the lasers ALL across the board!

Or maybe a water mode w atlantis below u and if u bump into other guy u sink!

Hope I can test!

16. Arroyo

Arroyo Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Gamer Winner please send me your UDID. Blowing to a microphone, nice idea :)

17. Dodger123

Dodger123 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Mixing songs
    Germany
    #17 Dodger123, Apr 14, 2010
    How about a dust mode, where the screen gets always dusty and you can't see really good.

Or an ant mode. Ants crawl about your screen and you have to shake your iPhone that they fall down. But they always come back :D

Edit:
    Or an dizzy mode, where the screen warps and turns.

18. Rblacula

Feb 27, 2010
    #18 Rblacula, Apr 14, 2010
    How bout a mode with strobe lights and u can only see the puck and every thing else during each strobe? And when it's dark u can only see black!

OR!!!!!!! A mode where there are holes everywhere and u try not to fall in!

Hope I get picked for my 7 designs!

19. Dodger123

Dodger123 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Mixing songs
    Germany
    Nice idea Rblacula :)
    How about a neon mode: It's dark, but you can see the characters and the puck glowing in different colours.

20. Rblacula

Feb 27, 2010
    Thanks! Hope one of my 7 ideas wins!