Siegebreaker by CMS (Out December 2nd!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CrazyMonkeyDesign, Nov 22, 2011.

1. CrazyMonkeyDesign

CrazyMonkeyDesign Active Member

May 7, 2011
    Crazy Monkey Studios is proud to present Siegebreaker!​

[​IMG]

CMS is a small indie developer located in the tiny European kingdom of Belgium. We have toiled for a large chunk of the year to bring our precious Siegebreaker to life. And this December second, it will be released! Let me give you the bulletpoints:

• Brand new type of Defense/RTS gameplay.
    • Craziest setting and storyline you've ever seen.
    • Solid RPG leveling system.
    • Professionally drawn comicbook storyline.
    • Animations and characters drawn in the old Belgian comicbook tradition.
    • Free to play - in-game store provides bonuses and extra level but no purchases will ever feel mandatory.
    • Universal app - has retina graphics and is also optimized for the more humble models.

Here's some more in-depth info for your perusal:
    The screenshots and trailer will give the impression that this is just another Tower Defense game, and while Siegebreaker has a lot in common with TD, we have made a number of changes that make our game something truly new.
    • You don't build any towers! How is that for a bombshell? You control a handful (you get more and more over the course of the campaign mode) of zany characters that have full mobility and will fire at enemies - this makes things much more exciting and tactical.
    • The maze-building of TD is present, however. Once you've unlocked the ability to build walls, you can build a maze to make sure that enemies take the longest possible route to your king.
    • You can move your 'base'! Yep. The king (the thing you have to protect) can move around within the castle, and even defend himself. Placing him in the right spot is key to victory in Siegebreaker. Enemies come from all sides!
    • All enemies have special abilities and behave differently. Knowing how to react to the different enemies is great fun to master.

The story goes a little bit like this...
    The magical Brookelands have been a place of happiness and joy for centuries. Wars, poverty or sadness aren't terms that could ever have been used to describe this faraway land. When the princess Melons of Baggerbrooke finally has hir birthday, her daddy presents his ultimate gift: unlimited kittens and unicorns for all!
    Now, this is the point where things all get just a little bit too darn sweet. So thinks the omnipotent Universe, and decides to end the sweetness once and for all (besides, he's bored!). He grabs an evil entity from another time and place and hurls it at the castle... with explosive results.
    Of course, the evil entity's first law is to ban all birthdays forever...
    Enter Keith, our unlikely hero. Again the universe interferes, and he whisks the rockstar from his concert, tossing him at the Brookelands. It's up to him to save the kings and defeat the evil entity. Or is it? Keith needs to assemble a team of siegebreakers, and will be assisted by sexy librarians, monkeys, llamas and knights of gaiety...

Siegebreaker will be realeased on December 2nd for all iOS devices. An android version is also coming soon...

Some screenshots for you to enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More information can be found on our website Crazymonkeystudios.com.

And follow us on Twitter! Twitter.com/CrazyMonkeyStu

We hope you will like our game! Thanks for reading.

2. CrazyMonkeyDesign

May 7, 2011
  3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Wow I'm not a TD guy but this looks so amazing that I must try it when it comes out, consider me your newest follower

4. spiritbean

spiritbean New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Can't wait to give this game a try, I love strategy/defense games.

5. CrazyMonkeyDesign

May 7, 2011
    Siegebreaker storyline comic #1!

As the release is coming up very soon (a little more than a week!), I am about to trickle-release the comic pages for Siegebreaker's storyline. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

FULL RESOLUTION HERE:
    Comic 1

6. Bert Lempens

Bert Lempens New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    That story looks strange but interesting... The gameplay also promises to be innovative :) Can't wait to try this out! :)

7. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Damn this game looks great!!!!!!

8. CrazyMonkeyDesign

May 7, 2011
    Comic #2

Only one week until Siegebreaker's release date!

Here is the second comic. Our game's hero, Keith, is snatched from his concert and dropped into the castle.

[​IMG]

9. CrazyMonkeyDesign

May 7, 2011
    And comic number 3:

[​IMG]

10. CrazyMonkeyDesign

May 7, 2011
    Comic 4!

Introducing Siegebreaker's Knights of Gaiety TM

[​IMG]

11. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    I think it's out now!

12. CrazyMonkeyDesign

May 7, 2011
  13. atum_ramirez

atum_ramirez Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    game designer
    Don't fancy the art to much (personal opinion, no judging the quality of it) but it looks really fun.

I might give it a go.