QuestLord

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Jul 6, 2012.

1. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas

Indie CRPG crafted with love and care.
    On Youtube you can watch this in HD.
    Signing up Beta Testers.
    www.questlord.com

2. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I wanna play this one! What software are you going to use? Testflight? Looking forward to the beta test! Signed up on the forums. For anyone interested, in order to request to be in the beta, you need to have created a forum account and answered some questions on the forums.

3. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Umm, this is not my taste. But my friends may like it. I will recommend it to them.

4. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    SkeletonLord!: Glad you like the trailer! I am using TestFlightApp for the testing. And thanks for signing up! You are the exact type of tester I am looking for! From your forum post you have a keen understanding of the CRPG classics!

I forgot to mention that everyone who tests will have the opportunity to have their birthname/or/handle displayed in the game and on the games webpage. Also I put a lot of my friends and what not in the actual game as NPCs/Bosses etc. so your chances greatly go up for those kind of shenanigans as well.

Live in infamy as a Sword of the Realm!!!

saiyukialex: Thank you for suggesting it! I need all the support like that I can get!

5. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I'll definitely be purchasing this one.. Looks great. Do you perhaps have a more specific release date?

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    QuestLord screens look amazing, I am excited for this one.

The beta sign-up seems to be blocked by filters at my work but count me in as soon as I can get accessible. Also, if you get in a creative slump I am sure Undeadcow would make a great NPC or villian.

7. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Oh, I am tremendously excited about this one. Hot damn!

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I can't seem to ge the QuestLord webpage to load this afternoon. Is it malfunctioning?

9. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #9 LavaLevel, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    First of all thanks everybody for the interest and awesome comments!

Yes, my server is slain and down for the count! :O hosting company is working on it casting an incantation of resurrection. I guess this is good news? LOL. For now we will just have to rely on the awesome servers of Youtube to view the video and dream of what it would be like if it was all up and running.

Sorry to those who want to join the forum to test and especially those who haven't yet had a chance to look at the website. Please bear with me during these technical difficulties. The show of support and interest has really been inspiring. This will give me time to draw up some more sprites and do more game balancing while we wait.
    (an undead cow perhaps? :D )

UPDATE:Website is back up but the forum databased looks trashed...will be fixed shortly.

10. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Ok, everything is back online again. Sorry about all that you should be able to log in and request beta test for iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch again. Onward!

11. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Damn this Game looks great!!!

INSTA buy!

12. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Damn looks good in signing up, Is this gonna e online and single player or single player only. For an online mode you could have a survival arena? With randomly generated maps and you can compare your scores on the Map to other people's scores. Also what are you using to create the graphics

13. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Not a friend of turn bases combat in such games. But how does it work anyway? In the video I don't really see any fighting or spell commands.

14. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Going to be a great game. While you are waiting you should chekc out "the quest" app it is like this game and it is awesome. Excited for this game!

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Looks very cool. Tried to sign up for their forums a couple days ago to join the beta, but it won't send me an activation email. Tried PMing Lavalevel but no response, and no link for help on the website. I do hope their customer service improves when the game comes out :p. Ah well, I guess I'll sit back and wait for this one.

16. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    I know the last few years of developers releasing unfinished software and making us all unwitting "beta testers" has some of us jaded, but in actuality beta testers aren't customers. Their beta program might be full, and they're under no obligation to contact you and tell you that.

FYI.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I was sort of joking ;)
    I realize they have no obligation, but a simple reply of any sort, even sorry I can't help you, or I don't have time for this right now, would have been nice.

18. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #18 LavaLevel, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    Hello guys!

Thank you TA for featuring me today!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for all your kind words.

so let me clear the mystery on some stuff.

1st Cruddy Response Time: This is no excuse but I should mention, this game is made completely by myself and I will never give the impression otherwise. It's all me, spread out on multiple forums wearing all the multiple hats. So if you have quick big budget expectations, this would be the wrong product to be testing. And I do sincerely apologize if I have left anyone to feel like they have been hanging in limbo with a promise to test over the last 3 days since I announced this game.

2nd Testing: I moved testing over to the forum and I will be notifying people probably by the middle or late end of the week of their password for the Swords of the Realm(The testing area on the forum), where we will begin to test with TestFlightApp by the weekend. So that will give people a chance to mingle or figure out how to get TestFlightApp up and running and for me to get it ready properly. So stoked you guys are into it!

I have no intention of having an open community test bed, or doing it publicly here. I think the rewards will be better for both parties involved. Obviously I get bugs/glitches privately logged in 1 central location. I also get testers that are more dedicated that I get to know. And that is better for the tester because that intern allows the testers to get Full name credit (if they choose so) in my app along with a reference and recommendation letter from myself. I was also planing on adding NPC's based on the helpers I get and perhaps something else cool. It all depends on how smoothly this goes.

Unfortunately, and I hate making even more excuses, but I didn't notify my Host provider I was making an announcement and the donkey poop server they had me on spiked too hard, so I had some downtime. That whole debacle set us back some.

And prepare for more setbacks. Prepare for the entire leveling system to be unbalanced, crash, what have you, this is why I am having a call for The Swords of the Realm!

@LazyGamer
    My game is turn-based so I am not going to win you over. When Monsters are in range of you are finished with their attack and the control buttons comeback letting you know it is your move, you can swipe the screen to attack or press it to cast a spell/raise shield which ever is prepared in the inventory. You can skip your move with the white arrow in the upper right of your control buttons. If you want to get a better idea of how the spells work and how to attack, check out the first video on the website (www.questlord.com) where I demonstrate, (sans monster) but you should be able to fill in the blanks. If that doesn't satisfy then I do not recommend this game to you and you have done good investigating what you like and don't like.

knighthalo123
    Single Player, Single person party, iPhone/ipad/ipodtouch (Android & Nook coming. Not testing that atm). Pencil and Graph Paper, scanned into photoshop, pixeled. Thank you. :D

Thanks everyone for the interest, and again, I am not a large company that wants to IAP you to death and I have taken a bath financially when it comes to creating this game that I wanted to PLAY. So this enthusiasm has truly warmed my heart and lifted me up.

ONWARD!!!

19. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Threw my hat in the ring for beta testing a couple days ago. Excited to play this game!

20. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Day one purchase for me!

Seriously, I was just thinking about how I would like more of these games on my iPod! Thank you!! I will sign up for beta testing soon! Oh yes... pardon me if I over looked this, but is this a lone hero, or party based?