Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I tweeted the Mimebit... owner? CEO? I asked him would the new update add the Unload All option and he said its tap and hold to unload all. Ive tried and nothing happened.

Now, either I read it wrong, did the task wrong, or he just gave me useless information, I dont know.

Ho ahead. Try it on your planes and see if it works.

2. NimbleTim

NimbleTim Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    The job pool may seem to increase slightly as you open more cities just because the pool is created out of all cities and then the locked cities are filtered out. However unlocking more cities will also increase their weights and effecting the pool make-up.

3. SpudWreck

SpudWreck Active Member

Jul 15, 2012
    #5083 SpudWreck, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    No I did not, good idea lets see

5 cities 5.76 jobs average to any one city
    7 cities 5.22
    9 cities 4.56
    11 cities 4.09

Darn was hoping that would go up instead.
    Just for fun I tried 2 cities ended up with 9 jobs for the other city.

4. JuanG12

JuanG12 Active Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Texas
    #5084 JuanG12, Jul 16, 2012
    Nevermind. Thanks!

5. jamesfish30

jamesfish30 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    N130 I think you will find if you upgrade your pear jets twice, you will be able to make transatlantic trips.

6. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #5086 Mdaymond, Jul 16, 2012
    That's understandable! The support is certainly appreciated though so thank you. I also don't think getsatisfaction is the best support tool - I've been keeping an eye on it and people just seem to refuse to click 'page 2' to find an answer to their problems so topics are buried by duplicates of the same problem far too easily in my opinion - there are no categories.

Thanks for those stats! I don't use Twitter and must have a mind block on as I can't for the life of me come up with any search terms that lead to info on other crews elsewhere before you mentioned them (other than JIG as I used their trade forum for a bit).
    And that's fair enough, didn't think of that to be honest! Thank's for replying.

Lastly, I edited my original post with 2 other questions that you may of not seen having already clicked reply perhaps so;
    1) Just noticed my starship reward is in my hangar but I got no notification of my ranking in the crew or anything - is this normal?
    2) Could you also shed any more light on what will be included in this next update please...? :)

Sorry to be 'that guy' who nags with questions but I've been wanting to ask those few things for a while! Thanks again for answering so quickly and directly. Keep up the good work! :cool:

7. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    It is a feature being applied in the upcoming update which should be with us all shortly. Keep an eye here / on the app store for it!

8. NimbleTim

Jul 15, 2012
    1. You should get a notification. The way that the in game alerts work is they get queued up. If you leave the game while a notification is up the queue is just wiped since returning to the game triggers an iCloud check and a potential reload. The reward however appears in your hanger/part screen/bux as soon and it receives it from the server and right before the popup is added to the queue. So log story short if you leave and return to the game after it receives the reward and before popup comes up you will never see it. If you are curious what your placed send me the code at the bottom of the settings screen and I can look it up.

2. I don't have the list in front of me so this is off the top of my head. LOTS of bug fixes and speed improvements (especially on first load and returning), load/upload all, save plane upgrades, save pilot costumes per plane, ability to dismiss dropdowns, prizes for non global events, better help system, pay bux for mid pool job refreshes, and a bunch of other small improvements.

9. Lobster9493

Lobster9493 Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I'm level 24 and still unsure how experience is gained. I'm assuming it has something to do with set experience for each passenger or cargo delivered?

10. NimbleTim

Jul 15, 2012
    1 XP for every coin earned though delivering jobs, bux are converted to xp at the bank exchange rate for the total number of bux offloaded at that city. We also give a single xp point for a bunch of random actions throughout the game to try and trigger iCloud pushes but at your level they should not matter.

11. Lobster9493

Lobster9493 Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Wow thanks for the quick response!

12. Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    #5092 Sgt_Ludby, Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks for such excellent and speedy responses to our questions NimbleTim! It really is great to know that you guys are listening to and staying in close touch with us.

I do have a question, though. It's been on my mind lately and I'm curious to see the answer!

So you say that the bitizens live in a 2D world. This makes sense. But in a 2D world, how can you have a bird's eye view of the world? Planes have a height and a length when they're in airports, but once you send them off, you can see that they also have a width. How can this bird's eye view of the world exist in the 2D universe of the bitizens??

EDIT: I also like how the top prize isn't awarded to the top crew. It adds a bit of strategy and competition to the events!

13. itschriscollins

itschriscollins Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I think it makes more sense if you imagine it being like Fez. You can rotate your 2d side view to the top view, but if you rotated the map you'd still have to fly all the way across because it still wouldn't join.

14. negitoro

negitoro Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I just wish the map was aligned differently.

2D world is fine, but I simply care much less about the Trans-Atlantic and much more about Trans-Pacific and nearly nothing about flying over the Middle East and Former USSR.

A map split in the Atlantic would be OK by me. A map split on the Europe-Asia border would be even better LOL

It's not a big deal, I guess, ultimately. Although my initial short term goal of linking all the cities I've ever lived in became a LOT more daunting since I discovered that I can't fly from Hawaii to Asia.

15. Umbrasquall

Umbrasquall Active Member

Jul 6, 2012
    It'd be awesome if we could get the option to layover a passenger/cargo just by loading it then immediately unloading it. But I guess that would be too convenient lol. Or at least be able to fly it to another city, then fly it back to the same city it originated in and have it count as a layover.

16. Umbrasquall

Umbrasquall Active Member

Jul 6, 2012
    #5096 Umbrasquall, Jul 16, 2012
    Smart, I hate it when I fill out a really long form online only to have it be lost when it asks me to relog.

Anyway, I also come to realize that it's almost impossible to lose money with Sequoias. I skipped Fogbusters, Tetras, Cyclones etc. (Planes where you actually need to worry about the 25% bonus) and just stuck with Sequoias. They're like the Aeroeagles of Class 3 airports. Just fill them up with whatever, send them on their way, and forget about them.

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hey Tim,

Would it be possible to sort the jobs in an airport not only by distance but also by :
    - Number of jobs available for a destination (including layovers) :)
    - Bux jobs / Non Bux jobs
    - etc..

I know you don't want to make it too easy for us of course but as the average player level goes higher, the number of jobs available per airport may become overwhelming and a bit boring perhaps!

And (don't shoot me fellow toucharcade members!), if I were you, I'd make the bux jobs scarcier (assuming you want some players buying in app). It's way too easy to get them playing the game (I got over 3000 left just from playing after upgrading almost all my 20 planes including 6 Cloudies and I don't know how many dozens in the hangar!)

Anyway, thks for sharing with us. I'm completely addicted to PP, as i was with TT! ;)

18. Xterminal

Xterminal Member

Jun 27, 2012
    My few tips after growing to lv 30

I followed the same path as lots of people on the forum: grow large from NA region, acquired a pear jet and upgrade its range to jump from NYC to London, after that moving east through Tehran to Shanghai.
    After that I kept the setup for some time. Upgrade all my airports to lv 3, slowly upgrade my fleet with class 3 planes. I use the big planes to fly long trips, with NYC and Shanghai as two terminal cities, trying to gain 25% bonus by filling the plane with people and cargo to the same destination.
    However, I was very painful doing this strategy. It was really a pain in the ass to fill the NYC layovers with east bound p and c. And using some planes to do bux jobs is another business I have to attend to. I gained about 4000 bux and enough golds to grow my fleet to size 14. Then I decided to make a change.

I exchanged 2500 bux and bought two places for my couldliners p and c. And another two. I upgrade their ranges and weight and bought Istanbul to us as the only stop between NYC and Shanghai. I also use my another pair of cYclonesas the long range flights. Then I put all my aeros and Seqoias to local and fly only short trips.

However, that's not the only change I made. I reversed my long and shor distance strategy. I am now using my big planes to fly all p and c to another end of the world, regardless of their destination city, by doing this I have to put up with some expense for the time being. My local planes are now used to fly p and c who are going to another end of the world to my terminal city. For instance, all Chicago, NYC and LA p and c are transported to Shanghai.
    While losing money on the long distance flights, I am making more profits on the short (local) flights. My 20000 profit was made on a Seqoia flying from Shanghai to Tokyo!
    I find this strategy works perfectly for me. I don't even have to worry about the bux jobs because I have removed London and Taheran and I have only 7 class 3 cities: LA, Chicago, NYC, Istanbul, Shanghai, Soeul and Tokyo. After each break I will just start operation in my terminal cities, unload p and c from big planes and then fill them with p and c to the other end. Then I will fly several flights back and forth between my terminal city and sitellite cities. After filling up my terminal city with layovers I will call it a stop and quit playing.

That's my story so far. I just reach my 30 th level and so far so good.

19. Pezmage

Pezmage Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    I've had forums eat my posts before, no fun. I actually stopped myself right before I clicked "submit reply" on that, copied the whole thing, pasted it into Word, then submitted, just in case.

I really liked my Cyclones, in my opinion I think they're the best planes out there currently. They're easy to load, move fast, get a solid profit-per-hour. Just requires too much planning to use effectively. You're right that Sequoias are set-it-and-forget-it planes. My plan has been chugging along well so far, haven't run into any problems yet.

20. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I don't know what happened but syncing between two iDevices made me lose my Starship. Anyone know how I can recover that?