Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    First of all what is that game running on? I want one;) It looks good. Can't wait to give it a go!!!

2. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    EXACTLY, I already have a phone, don't want an iPhone, I was perfectly happy with my iPodtouch 4, bought it as soon as it came out, when they announced the iPodtouch 5 I was pretty excited, even more considering the iPodtouch didn't upgrade once while the iPad upgrated like twice or so, I was going to be able to play the lastest games silky smooth, then I read the iPt5 tech specs and those specs were already outdated!

And my excitement died along with my wish to upgrade to an iPodtouch 5, it just doesn't worth it.

Amm I think it's a new handheld mobile gaming console thingy, called project SHIELD.

It runs on Android and uses tegra4 technology.

Sounds like the new N-gage, but I think this time the market is ready for something like that.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    As long as they're upfront this time on it either being premium or freemium I'd be happy.

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Thanks.

5. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I just hope it's not freemium with a renewal subscription model. I would rather play a premium fee, or pay for some iAP's but I prefer not to pay for a monthly subscription.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It will be out in June and it will be freemium with no pay wall according to the dev.
    No subscription was mentioned. Less reliance on gold bars to purchase items and more focus on in game currency to earn enough credits to buy weapons.
    The intent seems to be to make it free to play but to add iap for customisation and other minor things that will generate income in order to support the game with updates.
    Features that current players have requested will be aimed for but not clear yet what will make it into the final game.
    Will include boss fights.
    Graphics will go through a very big upgrade with a lot more particle effects, onscreen characters and character variation.

7. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Agreed.

8. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    "Shadowgun and Dead Trigger showed how Tegra can redefine mobile gaming on Android,” said Marek Rabas, chief executive officer of MADFINGER Games. “Project SHIELD's performance has allowed us to bring an even better experience with Dead Trigger 2, debuting first on Tegra 4 devices. Our fans are going to love it."

Damn, so some kind of exclusive period?

9. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    You should be careful saying that kind of stuff around these areas.

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You can't be serious. Haha, I'm pretty sure that a few haters are not the reason.

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#151 Sanuku, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    I don´t see anyone from Madfingers giving a damn about if someone is having a Problem with them or not. They probably even had one or two big laughs about what had happend last Year in the longer run...

They are probably yet not big enough to lift both Builds at the same time so instead they are focusing first on the Android Plattform and after that on the iOS One.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, if I have a problem with the game then I'll tell the developers. If devs don't know what to improve, then better games don't get made.

Besides we didn't just have a problem with the game itself, but also with the pricing model bait-switch. You weren't here a year ago for the dead trigger threads. It was total mayhem, once a mod renamed the thread "dead trigger argument wasteland". People were so split 50/50 down the line whether the game was crap freemium bait and switch with repetitive, boring gameplay of whether you could just buy one IAP to get all the guns and then just enjoy the amazing graphics. I was with the latter until the freemium switch, then I couldn't stand the game.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, to be honest, TA reviews lost credibility to me from this claim. Just because it isnt the FPS they were looking for doesnt mean they should call it incomplete.

I loved how Madfinger improved Dead Trigger over the months and im very looking forward to how DT2 will pan out.

14. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    People were unreasonably complaining about the controls and how the game was "too difficult" and it "forced" you too pay IAPs, which was far from being true.

And to be fair, the game did not change one bit after the price model change.

Same here, they've given better feedback to much worse games.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You guys realize that reviews are an opinion piece, right? Not understanding that opinions can differ seems to be the universal core problem with Madfinger fans, and as such, this line of thinking infects these threads and creates the ridiculous amount of problems they cause.

So, to reiterate, as this fact is lost on so many here: Reviews are opinion, they're subjective, and reflect how the author felt about the game. That opinion is not absolute fact, nor does it negate or otherwise invalidate the way you feel about a video game. I feel like the sooner you guys learn and understand this, the better, as I seriously cannot imagine how this rationale will be applied to things that actually matter in the real world.

It's kind of scary to think about.

All this talk of credibility just further reinforces how apparent the complete blatant lack of understanding of what a review actually is.

16. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Reviews are opinion pieces, but only to a certain extent. I have a long rebuttal to write and will do so once I get to my pc.

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Therefore you must accept the fact that people will debate against an opinion they don't agree with, not expect for them to accept it, or what are forums made for? Although it is true some people will cross the line of respect when they address others, it's not the case in this thread.

Thus asking for people to not express their opinion so another opinion remains unquestioned seems a bit contradictory.

18. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Dead trigger 2 should be pretty darn fun.

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #159 Rip73, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    All of these posts are about as relevant to this upcoming as nothing.
    Keep it on topic.
    Cut out the rubbish from before, nobody cares about it anymore or wants to go over an already dead topic again.

So I'll again just say can you keep it on topic. If you want to discuss review procedures, the state of the relationship between Madfinger and Eli, what a review is (fact, objective, subjective, whatever) you can set up a thread in general discussion for it.

For anything related to Dead Trigger 2 (effects, gameplay, release date, development progress, wish list, etc.) here is fine.

The original Dead Trigger has its own thread so if you want another argument on it, go back there. No one in Madfinger really cares about all the previous stuff as I suspect no one in TA cares about it that much either.

Each of you needs to simply forget about it or focus it on a thread where its relevant, not on one where it has no relevance as things stand right now.

Edit. Essentially I'm asking you guys to, please, keep it on topic. Thanks.

20. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    what you think on what apple idevice will work Dead trigger 2?:confused: