can't find the name of this one game...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by putermcgee, Jun 8, 2010.

1. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #1 putermcgee, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
    so a while back (i'm now thinking maybe a year ago), i saw an article here or kotaku about some ex-developers from a normal console studio who had left their company and formed a really small iphone game company. i thought the game they were making for the iphone was something along the lines of 'bullet train' and it looked like an action platformer/shooter that took place on the roof of a train.

i don't remember their former company (might have been EA) or the new one, and i have searched google and my rss feed for the game to no avail. all i remember was that i wanted to keep an eye out for the game as more info was released, but i don't think i bookmarked it, and now i'm starting to think it was all a dream.

does anyone have an idea of the game i'm talking about? thanks.

2. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    The game is action hero,and it's donuts games no? :)

3. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    i don't think that's it. i know the train thing fits my (very poor) description, but the dev studio was only a couple of guys. the art style of the game was also a lot better from what they had shown.

still, action hero's free, so i'll give it a whirl.

4. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
  5. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
  6. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    dang, none of those are it. i slept on it, and remembered that in the first developer blog, they mentioned that the main antagonist in the game was a play on the name of a former boss at their old company. and the story behind the game was that the world is connected by railroad tracks, and this evil corporation was swallowing up all the small train companies (this was made to represent their former employer). maybe they were trying to control the railroads so they could do some price fixing or something, but i don't remember.

7. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #8 gemineye62, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    putermcgee

I remember seeing something about the game you are talking about. I'll do some research. I do not think the action was on top of the train though. I think
    the characters were in the train through doors and windows. I remember the part about the "EX-Boss" in the article I read and that tweaked my memory.

You could be right though about the game play..I'm not too sure.

Found it......The game is called BulleTrain.........It is still in production.

Cheers!

8. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    you are my hero. thanks!

i was searching 'former' 'ea' 'activision' 'developer' 'iphone' and 'bullet train' and couldn't come up with anything. noting it in google reader so i don't forget again!

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Someone give this person a gold star! Good job friend.