New Unreal Engine Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Infamous97, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

What is the new Unreal engine game? Currently there are only three. Infinity Blade, Epic Citadel, and Dungeon Defenders: First Wave. Whats next?

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Something new I'm sure.

3. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Expansion of infinity blade. Or maybe a shooter or something more modern.

4. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

updates

Well Chair said it will make several updates to infinity blade. They also announced one more game for 2011 , Iam unsure of the title.
    So far there hasnt been any announcements by other developers so its a waiting game.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Considering the relatively low price of entry and the marketing cache it gives to a title, I wouldn't be surprised if there are dozens of Unreal-based games already in the works.

6. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Although I disagree, the truth is nobody really knows for certain. For a variety of reasons, I doubt that there are any third-party games in development using this engine. Unreal will belong almost exclusively to Epic, with only a handful of exceptions, in my opinion. I expect very little from this engine beyond continued first-party support. In Short, it could be a long time before we see it utilized in an iOS game again.

7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Rebellion will have support for it soon.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I guess you are right: nobody knows at this point. But the notion that only Epic will make Unreal games is almost certainly wrong. The engine is cheap to license, fairly easy to use, and cross-platform compatible. The only reason to think that it will not become as ubiquitous as Unity is the fact that it's called "Unreal" (and somehow that makes it inaccessible to common folk). I don't give that argument much credence.

9. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Rage Mutant Bash 2. :D

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

They already have a great graphics engine with Rage right now. I mean, in Rage the enemys actually have propper shaddows and everything, in Infinity blade they don't.

11. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Yeah but Rage is a bit like a pretty blond girl. Beautiful to look at but not much else beyond the surface, lol.

12. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I agree with you. However IB is also like a pretty dumb blond. They are both on rails, short, and repetitive.

13. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I thought it was rumored that Gears of War was going to be ported. It's only a rumor though.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

but in Rage you can atleast have an almost 360° view wich you controll yourself.

15. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Keep in mind that the cost of using Unreal Engine 3 is going to keep a lot of people away from using it. Not because of Epic's fees alone, but combined with Apple's as well. Apple gets 30% of app sales, and Epic requires 25% of sales from games that use Unreal Engine 3, so a developer on the App store would only get 45% of the sales of their game.

16. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Dungeon defenders arena??

17. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    But that might be dlc or an update.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    IB is conceptually and functionally way, way richer than Rage. There's really no comparison.

Depth is not all about freedom of movement or extensive environments.

19. Iphonerox

Iphonerox Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    It's a really selfish thing to do by making the price so high.

20. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    They're planning to make it a new app with progress carried over, they responded to me on twitter.

"@zamzarvideo I think the plan right now is seperate app which shares characters/etc. with DD:FW. Nothing's set in stone yet."