Beta tester!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MasonFried123, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasonFried123

MasonFried123 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Im not sure if this is an appropriate subject to be posting on in here; so if it is not, im sorry :p

I was wondering if any developers wanted a beta tester. I have never been a beta tester before but have always loved to download and review apps. Feel free to message me. Also, I have a question for you developers, I was was wondering what programs you use to make your games.

Thanks!

2. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    No, this would not be a good place to post this, infact, if you're going to break the rules (see http://forums.toucharcade.com/announcement.php?f=8 )then this would probably be one of the last places I'd put it.

As much as developers want beta testers who have to beg for it, and clearly don't have any experience, you've probably just screwed yourself over for any future beta testing for any developers who read this.

3. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    well, there's an interesting article on this found here:

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/02/11/how-to-make-an-iphone-game/

there have been a few other ones i've come across, but i don't have the links :p

and OCCASIONALLY devs will look for beta testers on here, so you may be lucky enough to grab a spot :rolleyes:

4. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    .:Yoga:.

My god calm yourself... your like so mean to every one god!!!

5. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    I clearly wasnt "begging for a beta code" I simply want to know what its like and help some developers with their game. My goodness....

6. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    That's crap, if you're going to lie, at least edit your post.

"I was wondering if any developers wanted a beta tester"

7. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    Yea I was wondering. How many times do I have to say I just want to help a developer with their app? I just thought it would be fun to give some personal feedback to a developer. My god whats your problem man?

8. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Cmon FilfthyCanadian stop mocking people. People make mistakes. Almost every thread I had viewed has you telling them what their mistake was. So just ease up on some of the new people and I think you're actually EDNG in disguise. No offense intended in this reply.

9. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    By god "beta code"? Do you know anything about how to even install the beta? Of course not. I'm completely with FilthyCanadian on this one.

10. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I think it's wrong to make a thread when you have zero experience. Wait for an opportunity.

Hell, Zenonia was the first game i've beta tested, and now look at the others in my signature.

Just be in the right time in the right place, and review games in threads here to get a reputation I guess.

11. aboll2009

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    Uh,sorry I lost my temper :p. Go to the site ibetatest.com and sign up, you could participate in a ton.:D

12. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    Jesus christ man I mean Promo code. Cant a guy get a break?

13. aboll2009

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    YOU DIDN'T PUT A APOSTROPHE AFTER THE N IN "CAN'T" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    That answer your question:D!

14. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    "That ANSWER your question". Incorrect english. Ha! LOL, you were picking on him so I thought that I'd pick on you.

To the thread starter: I don't know if you want to beta test or get a promo code, but just hang around here and one of those should happen sooner or later. Games are made on the iPhone SDK (Software Development Kit). I hope this helps!

One more thing, just ignore all those other, ummmm, people. Welcom to the forums!