Ketchapp cross promotion interstitial

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by HEAT9, Dec 30, 2014.

1. HEAT9

HEAT9 Member

Jul 20, 2014
    For those of you who tried Ketchapp's games, you may know that a major reason why their new apps almost always succeed in reaching the top chart is that they push out a 1 time interstitial advertising the new game to all their already published apps, which gets displayed on start up of any other ketchapp app. The same interstitial usually does not appear again afterwards.
    I am looking for an identical/similar service but haven't found any. Admob does offer in-house advertising, but I dont show Admob interstitial on entry and I wouldn't be able to tell within the app if the interstitial received is a regular one or an in-house ad I provided. I also wont be able to restrict showing the ad only when a new game is released and when the user didn't see it before.
    I am using MonoGame with Xamarin for my apps (C#), released on iOS, Android and WP. Do you know of any service that does what am looking for?

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Chartboost has an in house advertising.

It would be pretty simple to make your own and just check a database for a new ad. You would need some coding to check if it had been displayed.

3. clustermug

clustermug New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    #3 clustermug, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    Have you considered a managed service?

Retargeting is a pretty common practice but I think to get the optimal ROI you need to push across multiple ad networks and try different tactics - i.e. cross-device targeting, cross-promotion (what you are referring to), and re-engagement campaigns. Adroll is pretty good at that

4. drewster71

drewster71 New Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Does Chartboost charge you for your house ads?

5. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion, I am also investigating cross promo ads.

I think cross-promo is free with ChartBoost.

Also, what ads does Ketchapp typically serve is it iAd or AdMob or other?

6. jordantheonlyone

jordantheonlyone Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Ketchapp use AdMob

7. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

Thanks good to know. I thought AdMob didn't pay out well...

8. Swelab Games

Swelab Games Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Sweden, Malmo
    Good post

thanks I like your post!

9. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

I've been experimenting with CharBoost and can confirm you can do the cross-promo free.

10. HopperGames

HopperGames Active Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Appstores
    Ketchapp coded their in-house ads into their apps.

Just do this in your app too.

:D But it makes a difference when 60M users see the cross promo or just 1k users.

11. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Keep in mind they are usually auto featured on best new games but thats somewhat besides the point I guess.

Does anyone know if a service like vungle would let you auto target your own apps or if there is a way to do that?