Please boycott Gameloft. Coz they banned me from the forums!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nate821, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nate821

Nate821 New Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I have been waiting for the last 2 months for Gameloft to update the game "Gangstar: Miami Vindication" and we still waiting for the update.

So, during these 2 months, I've been on Gameloft's forum page telling them that it's totally unacceptable for a company that big to take this long to fix a bug.

The reason why I want people to boycott Gameloft is because Gameloft severely censors their forum and they've permanently banned me from their forums just for speaking out against them.

Gameloft: I ask that you provide much better support for your existing games, and I ask that you stop blocking people just because they spoke out against Gameloft.

2. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #2 injuwarrior, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
    Gameloft has forums?

Edit: What do you know, they do have forums. Might join now. Hmm, I guess any publicity is good publicity.

3. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Why dont you just suck it up! There is no reason to post this on this forum. No one will join you in the fight against Gameloft because quite frankly some of their games are good. Also even if you did get some people to give 1 star reviews, gameloft doesnt care, gameloft dont give a crap. I agree it is unacceptable but not to the point where you start boycotting them because things dont go your way. Your like a two year old complaining about a new action figure not coming out on time. Maybe you should wait and see. Also gameloft probably had a good reason for kicking you out because of the way you told them about it.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Even if all the Gameloft haters here boycotted them, it wouldn't be enough for them to see a drastic change.

5. chriser

chriser Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Boycott yourself, i love gameloft and no matter what what i always will. Patience is what You need.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I've seen devs take much, much longer to update their games. Sorry, but it's just the nature of the game industry. Big or small, games usually take at least several months for patches...the appstore is actually pretty spoiled in that sense.

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yeah big updates take time - we're all guilty of that.
    Can't blame only Gameloft.

8. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Well, he did say please...

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This. +1

10. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    you can't play the new ones......:p

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    So? Doesn't mean I hate Gameloft. Still one of my fav devs. I'll just have to wait until I pick up a 5th gen.

I really wish that they would port more of their games to the Mac App Store.

12. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I don't blame the OP for being angry.

I also bought the same game and have yet to be able to actually play it.

13. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    lol just being a d. :D IK they make good games.

14. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Wow, the one time I can hold my head high with a first gen iphone. I was able to beat the game three days after buying it at 99c. I just had to take advantage of this moment. Sorry guys.

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #15 dumaz1000, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
    If you don't understand that Gameloft rarely, if ever updates their games, especially with free content, then that's your problem. Gameloft is sort of a buyer beware proposition, but everyone basically knows what they are getting into when the buy a Gameloft game. They update games infrequently, at best. When they promise updates, they deliver no more than 50 percent of the time. The promised co-op for Brothers in Arms 2. Amongst several other broken promises. Even when they do deliver on promised updates, it often takes forever. Yet, those are the breaks. You should understand that from the beginning. Plus, they are delivering extremely highend games when you consider the price. It's difficult to argue when you don't get an update for a 6.99 game that should probably sell for at least $20 and, considering how frugile you are, you may have gotten for .99c.

If there are compatability issues, firstly Gameloft and EA are amongst the companies who are beginning to seperate themselves from first and second generation devices. Again, something you should understand from the get-go. Also, you can get a refund in the event of a gaming not actually working.

16. MNoldAr

MNoldAr Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I though it might complain gameloft awarded game clone developer or something..:D:cool::rolleyes:

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Why shall we boycott when it is you who is having a problem with Gameloft?

18. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    I never really liked gameloft for their amazingly huge game file sizes . But the games are pretty good though despite them being clones . My first was Hero of Sparta for 5 USD . Definitely loved that one .

Really , can they clone a pokemon already ? I don't want to buy a 3DS just to play pokemon .

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Honestly, yes you do.

20. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    whats wrong with Gangstar: Miami Vindication? why u need an update for this one?