Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #2901 sapphire_neo, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    onewithchaos, Dreamer's Glass is pretty hard to stop once it gets going. The key is to protect it by buying a cheap 3 honor construct and a 5 honor construct so only Polaris Demon can hit it.

Also, no choke this time I see tecwrtr! Through in straight wins, good luck against Desuki :)

2. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Congrats Tecwrtr. Great wins. I was on the backfoot in both games with little chance.

3. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks. They were both close hard-fought games!

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #2904 sapphire_neo, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Camzy, fought you so close even though you got Sadranis so early! I like these David vs Goliath matches :D

Also, I passed up on a Dimension Diver at one point because I was on a Lifebound Rush... that card could have given me Serpentcall, making things a bit more even. You bought it the very next turn, were you actively trying to stop me?

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    GAH! :mad: It was supposed to be 3 cultist 4 fanatic!

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Back on the winning path :D

7. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Hey tecwrtr, so i guess im facing you now. Just want to check, we have a new game running with total honor is 59. That is not our tourney game, is it?

8. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    No, it's one we've had running. Let's finish it and start our tourney game, if that's okay with you?

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    >_> That final match I had no idea what I was doing, all I could think was 3 cultist 4 fanatic...

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #2910 sapphire_neo, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    onewithchaos, Pathwarden on turn 3 and I still won, that went some ways to restoring my confidence. Lately I seem to be going up against people who are able to buy big cards very early. Like Camzy just bought Syril and Soulslayer in this match going on right now... (and Socket Altar)

Camzy, gave you a run for your money there ;)

11. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    #2911 Camzy, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    Yeah that was a really strange game.

At one point I had the weirdest deck.

Mystics, Arha Sensei, Syril, Soulslayer and Apprentices :confused:

The early Syril and Soulslayer won me the game even though I was 13 honor behind on the board.

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I love those hands! Whenever I'm able to banish my Militia really early I avoid buying power cards for a few turns. It gives me big buying power for heavy cards.

13. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Thats fine by me. I take that game as warming up hehe

14. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Great game, sapphire_neo! I just couldn't get anything going. :p

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, but I honestly like games where both players are able to get an even hand more than one-sided affairs. Like, this last game with onewithchaos, he was able to buy Pathwarden x2, Penumbral Edge, Syril, Socket Altar x2, PRIME and was able to slay Nemesis but I still managed to fight him to within a 7 point loss with my motley crew of banishers, brawlers and small constructs. I feel much better about those games.

16. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    oh please it was just a reverse game of what we usually have :p. your deck was also very fast. I sacrificed speed for big hitters and obviously you went for a fast deck with life bound to counter but it was too late by then. and actually speedy decks with Lifebound are really good. down right unstoppable if built correctly.

I'd say the most one sided game I've ever played was in our first game when you got umbral AND penumbral edge by like turn 4 :p

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Haha I did apologize for that massacre though :) As for the last match, I wasn't really trying to use Lifebound as much as banking on some monsters to come my way so I could hit them with Scrap Flinger. I would still say you had a much stronger deck and the margin could have been much worse!

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    idrinkwater, was that the most bizarre match ever or what?! :eek:

19. IDrinkWater

IDrinkWater Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Completely lol.. Wow the last 2 games u completely owned me, nice games!

20. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I won that last game because you hit a few poor center rows in the end, but it was a great study in how to use Eye of Destiny. When you bought it over Avatar of Aiyana I was shocked, because it seemed like a huge tactical error but you played it out amazingly well. Just a little more board honor and you would have had the game.