iPhone IsoCards update submitted ~ virtual deck of cards now with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mbrandonw, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mbrandonw

mbrandonw Well-Known Member

#1 mbrandonw, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks cool. What is the max number of players?

3. Chod

Chod Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Got to say I love the idea, and respect any developer who listens to feedback and provides users what they want (ie, poker chips and iphone integration).

Good work on the development, can't wait to check it out.

4. mbrandonw

No limit. Although there is probably a limit to the number of Bluetooth connections the ipad can comfortably handle, probably somewhere around 4 or 5.

5. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #5 cranker, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    I am wondering how well multiplayer works on the ipad as far as being able to hide your cards from the other players.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

It works in UNO HD and another card game that I have, so it shouldn't be a problem.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #7 drelbs, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Very cool.

This is a lot of money are we talking about here to replace that $2 deck of cards - but it sure is nifty! ;)

8. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    Great job on the YouTube video. You just sold a copy of this app. You should make sure to add a link to that video in the description on the app store. It looks much more exciting in action than with the static screen shots you can put in the store.

Once I get my new iPhone 4, I'll have two iPhones to use as BlueTooth controllers. I'm looking forward to it. :)

9. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    I just tried this out and I have a question. I tried to play a game of crazy eights witrh 2 players and I chose 2 players with the card holders and the cupping works fine to hise the cards, but when you look at your cards and then hide them again, I can't figure out how to choose the card I want to play. It just lets me choose the top card. How do you do this ?

10. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Gotta admit, that looks pretty slick. You could totally play Texas Holdem with this app!

11. mbrandonw

I replied to cranker through PM, but this might be helpful to others using the app too.

To do this you simply reveal your cards by placing your hand at the top, grab the card you want, and then release your hand to flip the cards back over. You are now hold the card you want and it is face down, so you can just drag it out to the table.

12. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Update looks good, but with the chips have you added a function to total up the amount of chips in a pot, or be able to see who has the most money at a point without having to go through and manually add them up?

I didn't see anything like that in the video, but it's something I'd love to see. You could have a cup (or some other representation) to collect the chips like you have withe cards and a simple tap of that could show you how many of each chip you have and your total worth. You could then "flick" out whatever amount you want for the bet and it goes into the pot, which also has a running total.

This would work really well with the iPhone connection. You can switch from a view of your cards to one of your chips.

This is perhaps one of the things I'm most interested in seeing come to this game.

A cribbage board would be the next addition...

Thanks...

13. mbrandonw

Hey QuickWit,

unfortunately there is not much structure with the chips as there is with the cards. Upon first testing it I was very surprised at how usable it was, so I decided to release the update as is. I am currently working on a nice way of stacking the chips and organizing things better.

Thanks

14. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I figured that it wasn't there yet... Just planting a little bug in the ear as to what I'd really like to see down the road.

I have the app (as well as isowords) and will be looking forward to updates. Best of luck with this and all games in the future.

Take Care,
    Bob

15. mbrandonw

thanks man, IsoWars is next :)

16. camerons1986

camerons1986 Member

May 12, 2010
    can i play Pinochle on it with my friends?

17. mbrandonw

Hey, I've never played Pinochle, but I did include a pinochle deck in the game, and after glancing at the rules on wikipedia it seems that it would be quite easy to do.

18. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen... honestly.

19. mbrandonw