Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #25101 dean288367, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    @ Nirtew, "mistakes" in list. Missing space between number and name :p You did an excellent job.

Value list: #25 and #29
    Alpha list: #26 Arcus and #23 Coclearis

2. froshmutter

froshmutter Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I haven't collected the last set because I have no room to breed frogs right now, I have so many duplicates.

3. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I have some completed sets. Check my habitats and let me know if you would like one set

4. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    On the way! Thanks, only one more starter set available.

5. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I can send you a starter set if you accept my friend request.

6. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Sorry to be such a one-noter but I think I need some GC counseling or anger management. I was doing some doodling; I think it was rapidly closing and reopening PF just as I saw a glimpse of the current frog offer. Immediately thereafter a new frog offer appeared, and the original offer was gone, along with the frog.
    No doubt it's partially my fault, but GC seems so unforgiving that I'm really getting frustrated. Unless I change something (and I don't know what) I'm going to have to settle for losing on average every 7th or so frog gift. Tough for me to take, but I'll stop boring you with the details.

7. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #25107 dean288367, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    New Pocket Frog Update:

+ Added ability to tame frogs with potions in the pond.
    + Fixed puzzle prizes not going to mailbox
    + Fixed showing Game Center friends who don't have Pocket Frogs
    + Fixed issue with some awards not triggering
    + Fixed bug where gifted scenery wasn't removed
    + Fixed gifted scenery corruption
    + Fixed receiving gifts while visiting neighbor

Don't see anything to help you Nirtew but maybe it will. I am really excited about the taming frogs with potions, will have to see how it works. Looks like Lisianne's problem has been addressed.

8. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Domenic

My 2nd guess is the yellow pruni hennae

9. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #25109 dean288367, Nov 10, 2012
    Update on the Update

The feature I was really interested in was using potions to tame. Went in to tame a level 31 frog (93 flies) and it would take 10 potions to tame. The potions do decrease as flies needed decreases. It appears to be in increments of 10. Don't think it is a feature that I will be using unless I am in a BIG hurry but it is nice to have. Only problem is that to use potions is at the top by were it says how many flies are needed to tame and I hit it by accident twice when taming a frog :( but you do get a confirmation.

10. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    My MB had one space open. But, while in another hab, I was bombarded with new frogs & either had to accept (which I did) or sell. I was frankly surprised because I didn't think that many spaces were open & they weren't. Then I noticed I was still in JoEllyn's hab. When I switched back to mine, none of the frogs I had accepted were presented anew.

Could be more than one factor here but once burned, twice shy. I stick to my own habs except for brief visual forays into others. If a frog is announced then, I'll shut the game. As you said, too many variables to really assign this problem to habs only. Others have lost frogs for other reasons.

I AM grateful to you, Dean, for testing my theory, however.

@locanam0 - thanks for the link. :)

@Nirtew - do appreciate the long/short version of the new frogs. That's the type of thing I can print out & tuck in my notebook, if needed.

@Dean (again) - have you updated yet?

Don't know if this particular issue (not really a problem) will be addressed in this update. With Plus+, I would keep track of frogs I received as I was receiving them. This way, with a full MB, I could *know* the order in which they would be presented if I cleared a MB space. In GC, I seem the get the gift frog again & again. This makes planning getting a specific frog or building a set a lot trickier.

p.s.: Thanks to Dom for the Starter Set. A local, non-forum friend sent another but I don't know when I'll get it - hopefully soon. I will share with others as soon as I redeem. And thanks as well to Quo for the Veru.

p.p.s.: Back & forth in my mind about bulk stamps on sale. I inherently dislike consumables for they work in insidious ways; the more you buy, the less judicious you are using them so the more you want to buy. It's now a question of what is my peace of mind worth? A full MB all the time is interfering with my enjoyment of the game & making the gameplay slower than ever. I can rarely keep new frogs found in the pond for my MB is full. Pleasure wanes. The game takes longer to play, sets take longer to put together.

I know how Quo is dealing with the stamp thing by playing once a day but how are the rest of you dealing with the onslaught of frogs?

I already know that 'dexing would be a buzz-kill for me. Maybe I need another focus, like leveling up. Yeah, that's the ticket! Sets & leveling up.

FWIW, NB is offering 50% off bux in ALL their other games. Maybe they're planning a trip to Tahiti & beyond!! ;)

11. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @ lisianne, I have updated and all is working fine for me so far :)

12. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Thanks, mon ami.

Did you have your fingers crossed when you updated? Of all of us, YOU have the most to lose, pas moi.

13. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    #25113 BlueWater27, Nov 10, 2012
    Just logged on and accepted 21 friend requests. My wish list is all frogs level 19 and above. Am taming some frogs to gift back. :D

Edit: PF Crashes when I view my neighbors. Is anyone else experiencing this and do you have a solution?

14. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Have you upgrading yet? Speaking of which, you used to do an backup before upgrading of opening PF in another device and choosing continue game. Upgrade PF in that device, seeing that the upgrade is ok, and then go to working device, choose continue game and then upgrade that. I'm certainly *not* suggesting you do it with GC, but just curious if you've heard about doing that in other GC games.
    And maybe another multi-game player has heard about it.

15. heeranc

heeranc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Just want to thank people for frogs
    andinz, awboj, danjarus, dean keith, dean288367, dlstar71, domenic15, giantrobocat, haf8275, joellyno, madmaze, martinz, sc1968, shortbus123, spearcom

working on the new frog breeds to send back, but it's taking some time

also, does anyone want the fireworks set?

16. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I have updated and all is working so far.

You have a good memory. I use to play the game on my ipod and would keep a backup on my iphone. Since I thought PF would never get an update I let a friend have my ipod to use. They are suppose to get one for Christmas and return mine in December and then I will play with GameCenter. I did make sure that they updated my old game on Plus+ before I updated to GameCenter so that if anything did go wrong I would have a backup.

17. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Sorry, but the odds are getting better.

18. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I'm also having trouble with not getting queue gifts back. I accepted a Nebula from java and my MB was full. I cleared it, restarted the app, and it's still not coming back.

Thanks for the Nebulas by the way, javaR1ch! Now I can breed that set of yours that I liked so much (in twelve levels, anyway.) :)

19. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    My guess is Glass Caelus Hennae, Dom. I can't see your habs so I'm making a blind guess.

20. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Favus?