DEVIL DARK: The Forgotten Kingdom (by Triniti)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TRINITIgames, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRINITIgames

TRINITIgames Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    #1 TRINITIgames, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    We've been hard at work on our 2012 lineup of games, and we're excited to give the touch arcade forums an exclusive first peek, starting with Devil Dark: The Forgotten Kingdom.

Devil Dark is our upcoming hack 'n slash dungeon crawler planned for a Q2 release. Enjoy the screenshots and feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I like what I see gameplay pics r great looking forward!!!

3. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Looks great, how does the enchanting work, is there a skill governing how powerful enchanted items come out?

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Looks good! Hoping for a ranged class and male/female choices. I'll will be watching this thread

5. Deatrocker

Deatrocker Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Tell us about story line please

6. TRINITIgames

Mar 24, 2010
    Devil Dark is the story of a young hero on a journey to rescue his doomed kingdom from an evil spirit released when the power-hungry king tampered with ancient magic (a king should know better, right?)

The gameplay is quest-driven, with each quest linked to a new place on the world map. You can see the map in the original post. The story quests bring you ever closer to vanquishing the evil scourge, but there are plenty of side quests along the way.

Enchanting adds elemental damage to a weapon of your choice. The strength of the enchantment can be upgraded incrementally, but there is an element of random luck that increases as the level of the enchantment increases.

You can equip multiple weapons at a time and cycle through them during battle with a single tap, so you can have a diverse elemental arsenal at your fingertips :D.

We've really poured our energy into perfecting the hack 'n slash play style and melee weapon choices for the initial release of devil dark. That means a diverse choice of weapons and fine-tuned melee strategies, but unfortunately no ranged class for now.

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #7 GoofyJmaster., Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Art style?

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Looks great from the screenshots! Any word on whether this will be Universal, and is it a premium or strictly freemium title? :)

9. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    So it's like pocket rpg in the level/chapter progression? Hoping for character and armor customization. And maybe multiplayer in the future

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Judging by the pictures and dev' comment, the game will have both weapon and armor customization. It looks like there'll be armor sets according to the third pic. And the fourth one seems to be showing augments/enchantments. It also looks there will be equippable spells/attacks.

I wouldn't necessarily compare the gameplay to Pocket RPG. This seems to be full linear ARPG with map-based quest selection.

*Using the letters RPG loosely.

---

*Also, this seems more like an ARPG than dungeon crawl.

11. TRINITIgames

Mar 24, 2010
    GoofyJ is spot on, and ARPG is an accurate description of the gameplay.

A huge part of the game is loot hunting and customizing your character, so your character will continue getting stronger and cooler looking as the game progresses - no resets!

Devil Dark is scheduled for a universal release, as are all of our other upcoming games :)

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Stuff like this always excites me.

Plus, it seems like you guys have added a worthwhile story.

An, in general, the game looks great.

Any ETA?

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If it's a loose diablo clone, I am sold. I just hope the IAP wont be brutal. I've felt that a lot of freemium titles are leaning towards this pitfall.

14. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Sh*t! Speaking of Diablo, I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out.

Anyways! Yeah, this looks to be the closest thing to Diablo since Dungeon Hunter.

Also, i don't think this is supposed to be freemium. Judging by Trinit's past games it will be $2. They may have a $1 release price though.

15. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    looking forward to this. gameplay trailer would be awesome! :)

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    yeah a trailer would be nice, since this game would come out on Q2

17. TRINITIgames

Mar 24, 2010
    We should be releasing in the first few weeks of April. A gameplay trailer is in the works and will be available next week! We'll confirm the payment model after a bit more playtesting; expect more info on that leading up to release.

There are definitely some similarities with Diablo in this one. And speaking of D3, we've all got the Diablo 3 beta client installed over here, just hoping for beta keys... :rolleyes:

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Awesome! I can't wait to see the trailer.

It'd be pretty awesome if you guys got beta keys. I think the ETA is April 17, but i wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back.

19. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Look's pretty cool.

20. TRINITIgames

Mar 24, 2010
    Thank goodness Devil Dark will be done by then, if D3 came out any earlier we'd be too busy playing and forget to finish Devil Dark! :D (i kid...)

We're just about done cutting gameplay clips to make the trailer, so you'll have a more exciting preview soon~