Disney Infinity (By Disney and Avalanche Software)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Dec 20, 2012.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"Disney Infinity will be an open-world sandbox game that combines the best of Minecraft creation with the absurdity of Just Cause's over-the-top action moments, all in a child-friendly world populated by iconic Disney and Pixar characters, according to videos and images leaked to Polygon.

According to developers in one video, Disney Infinity will be broken into two major elements: playsets and the rumpus room.

The virtual playsets are themed after well-known Disney creations like Cars, Buzz Lightyear, Woody's Round-Up, The Incredibles, Wreck-it-Ralph and even classics like Peter Pan and Aladdin. They will include settings, backdrops, toys and action figures. It's likely that if the game comes with pre-created missions or levels, that those would be delivered with playsets.

It is in the rumpus room where we saw players controlling a Buzz Lightyear. In the video, Buzz walks up to a capsule machine, selects an item from a menu and the item drops out in a capsule. When he tosses it, it pops up and becomes what he ordered.

Other bits of the video show characters dropping massive building blocks to create castles, running around inside a highly detailed city as the buildings grow and shrink, change shape and float. Some of the settings seem relatively bare of detail, while others were minutely detailed.

Disney Infinity — which will run on a multitude of devices including consoles, the iPad and Android phones — will be unveiled in January to a gathering of press in Hollywood"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/20/3789022/disney-infinity

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Count me in!

3. killercow

Yeah it sounds quite good and Avalanche are really good, they made one of the best sandbox game ever (Just Cause 2) and made a good job with Toy Story 3 and Cars. Now it also says that the building part is currently not featured on the ipad version. I really hope those features make it into the final version...

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Whether or not the extra features are included, I'll still be happy to play an open sandbox game made by Avalanche on my iPad.

EDIT: Btw, shouldn't this be in the upcoming iPad section?

5. killercow

Well if they say "including consoles, the iPad and Android phones" I'm assuming they meant IOS and said "Ipad" because that was the device used for the demo. If there's any indication in January that this is ipad exclusive i'll move it to the right forum but I doubt they would limit themselves and release it only for the ipad.

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Why only Android phones...why no tablet love?

7. killercow

I'd wait for an official announcement on that. It seems like a generic statement from Polygon, the same thing can be said about the fact they only mention the ipad for IOS. Let's wait and see!

8. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Hole-lee shitt. When in gods sweet name is this coming? I'm going to frickin free up my schedule for the next 3 months just to watch the AppStore to wait for this!!!!

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's coming in June

10. shaun4000

shaun4000 Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Portsmouth
    This looks mint, video looks mint, count me in definitely!!

11. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    This game actually looks fun. I'm 23 and ill be buying this for myself and getting jack the skeleton :) make my own world with him, why not?

There should be more heap over this game. It's going to be 10 times more better than skylander is, I think that's what the game was called.

Anyways, everyone should just look at this thread and watch the video of the game. I'm very impressed. You would too.

P.S. Get this game for your kids.
    I'm a kid at heart, so this is for me :)

12. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    How much longer?

13. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I could be wrong but, I thought I read somewhere that this will come out the 25th or the 28th. Sorry if I am wrong.

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Count me in on this too!

15. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    From the polygon website:

Disney Infinity will be available starting this June on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with mobile and online platforms to follow.

16. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    I wonder if they are actually actively developing the game for iOS or are just considering it for the future...

17. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    #17 tso5818, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Disney Infinity Apps coming next week.

There are actually two apps coming out next week.

- Disney Infinity Action
    Like a funny camera/video recording app.

- Disney Infinity Toybox(don't know the real name)
    You get to create in your Toybox on your tablet while your away from the console.

So that is the Disney Infinity versions that are coming to tablets.

18. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Disney Infinity ToyBox iPad app is coming the 22nd or 29th of this month.