Zen Pinball - All Tables 50% OFF

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by HotHamBoy, Dec 23, 2016.

1. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #1 HotHamBoy, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    UPDATE: Correction - All Tables *except* Bethesda & Aliens are .99 cents!

Do youself a favor and just grab all the tables on the Zen Pinball app.

My table ratings:
    Zen Table Tiers
    A and B tables: these are the tables i play the most with A being the exemplary tables in design, presentation and theme implementation. B tables are slightly flawed in one of those ways.
    C tables I mix in sporadically for variety. Fun in moderation
    D tables I will seldom play, usually just when I want something I'm not as familiar with. Blue Moon tables
    F tables I never play and if I happen to I'm quickly reminded of why I don't

These are just my personal feelings. Sometimes I will raise or lower a table on the tiers when I've had more experience with it. Pinball can be very deep or deceptively shallow. Your opinions may vary, everyone's tastes are different. Theme and concept may play a part. I think the A and B tables are pretty safe buys, though.

Marvel
    A
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Moon Knight
    Spider-Man

B
    World War Hulk
    Fear Itself
    XMen
    Ghost Rider
    Thor
    A-Force
    Champions

C
    Deadpool
    Avengers
    Infinite Gauntlet
    Wolverine
    Venom
    Blade
    Ant Man

D
    Age of Ultron
    Civil War
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Dr Strange

F
    Iron Man

Originals
    A
    Pasha
    Castlestorm
    Epic Quest
    Sorcerer's Lair
    Paranormal

B
    Tesla
    Wild West Rampage

C
    Earth Defense Force
    El Dorado
    Biolab
    Shaman
    Excalibur

D
    Mars
    Secrets of the Deep

F
    Rome
    V12

Star Wars
    A
    First Order
    Rebels
    Empire Strikes Back
    Starfighter Assault

B
    Clone Wars
    Masters of the Force
    A New Hope

C
    Boba Fett
    Force Awakens
    Return of the Jedi

D
    Droids
    Han Solo

F
    Darth Vader

Everything Else
    A
    Aliens
    South Park
    Butters Very Own Pinball
    Super League Football
    Plants vs Zombies
    Doom
    Skyrim

B
    Bob's Burgers
    The Walking Dead
    Family Guy
    Aliens vs Predator
    Fallout 4

C
    Archer
    Alien Isolation
    American Dad
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    Portal

D
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD

F
    Ms. Splosion Man

Sadly, the superb Plants vs Zombies table is not available on Mobile. Neither is Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter, Ms. Splosion Man (but no big loss there). Super League Football is temporarily gone while they de-license it.

2. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Whoa!

I gotta fire this one up again, I didn't realize there were this many new tables!

3. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    They've been on fire lately. The newest three tables in the Bethesda pack are outstanding.

Skyrim is easily the deepest and most complex table I've ever played.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am seeing only the Star Wars tables being discounted. I tried Aliens and Archer and they were both at 1.99 for me.

5. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    #5 HotHamBoy, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    All of the tables are 50% off within the Zen app as well as the Star Wars and Marvel Pinball apps. Some of the stand alone apps are discounted and some are not, but EVERY table is .99 in the three apps I listed above *except* the newly-released Bethesda tables and Aliens tables.

I suppose the Zen originals are not actually on sale because they are normally 99 cents.

Perhaps a mod can change the title to more accurately state that *most* Zen Pinball tables are 99 cents.

6. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    You are trying to restore your tables on the iMac? You sure you didn't change store regions?

Contact Zen Support via email, they are fairly quick to respond and very helpful.

7. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I googled the iMac - iOS transfer issue because I ran into it as well, and the best answer I could find was a post on their forums from a couple years back where an official spokesperson confirmed that transfers from iOS to iMac or vice versa can't be done for tables.

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    HHB, thanks for sharing your experience with these games. I bought a couple of the Bethesda games based on your recommendation.

9. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    Oh, you made it sound like you were just trying to restore the tables on your iMac.

No, you cannot transfer tables between Mac and iOS.

No problem, I'm happy to spread the love for pinball!

10. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Having a ball

Thanks for the recommendations HotHamBoy. Bought only Pasha and EpicQuest so far, but having fun nonetheless. Will keep an eye out for next sale, and consequently this thread.
    I have it on steam as well with many tables unlocked, but there is something special about playing on a screen in your hands :)
    Happy New Year!

11. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    Just FYI, the original tables are always 99 cents, so if you wanted to take advantage of the sale you should by the licensed tables.

I play Zen and The Pinball Arcade on my iPad as my primary platform. I could play on Steam or PS4 or Vita, but iPad is the best because the screen is big and sharp and in portrait orientation. Portrait view makes a huge difference, IMO. All of the Landscape cameras have compromises.

Some people don't like the lack of buttons and it took me awhile to get used to them myself, but the touchscreen is ultra responsive.