Universal Target Acquired - Music by Megaman, Mighty No. 9 Composer [AMA with Manami Matsumae]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by touchten, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touchten

touchten Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    #1 touchten, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    [​IMG]

Our game got 204% funded in Kickstarter (ENDED a week ago)

Kickstarter link: http://kck.st/1xzoYFh

(Campaign ENDED successfully, We are here today to talk about the game, NOT the campaign..)

To Celebrate, we are doing something fun.
    On Thursday, 4th of December, 2014. 10PM (Eastern Time)

OR (due to time differences)

Friday, 5th of December 2014. 10AM (GMT +7 Jakarta Time)
    Till it Ends...

We will have a casual AMA (Ask Me Anything) with the composer of our game soundtracks: Manami Matsumae (Famed composer of Megaman, Mighty No. 9, Shovel Knights )

Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manami_Matsumae

Manami Matsumae - Famed Megaman Music Composer LIVE!
    [​IMG]

Our theme song, Target: Acquired, by Manami Matsumae

So START posting your Questions for Manami Matsumae - san (Megaman, Mighty No. 9, Shovel Knight, and Target Acquired Music Composer)
    in this thread,
    and we will ask her to answer them. Starting on the date Above, till we say: "That's all folks!"

(You can also post questions directed to the game developer)

*On the time and Date, we will post picture of Manami Matsumae in our studio, as proof of her doing this AMA (Ask Me Anything) LIVE!

Save the date and start posting now.
    See you soon folks!

Thank you
    Touchten - Target Acquired Team

2. eddylee

eddylee New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi Manami san, nice to meet you! I have some questions i wanna ask you:
    1. How do you feel working with Touchten?
    2. What is your favourite game of all time?
    3. How do you think about Indonesia games industry and what are your hopes for Indonesia games industry?

Thanks!

3. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Hello Manami Matsumae, it is a pleasure to have you here!

How do you choose what type of music or sound you'll use for a game?

What's been your favorite game to work with?

What musician or music influence inspires you?

Thank you for your time, best wishes!

4. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Why do the bikes copy their designs from the Hoenn legendaries?

5. xzeldax3

xzeldax3 Member

May 12, 2012
    What is your favorite instrument?

6. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Keep the questions coming guys!
    Matsumae san will be right with you soon!

7. bobx2

bobx2 New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Hi, Manami!

Can you tell us anything interesting about Akira Kitamura, the original planner of Rockman?

Thanks!

8. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Manami, as a fan of your work since my childhood, thank you for visiting our forums, and welcome. I cannot tell you the number of nights I fell asleep as a child with the music you composed still playing away in the background.

My question to you is, composing music on a professional level for many years, what are some of your other, non-gaming-related music projects that you're most proud of, and where could your fans on Toucharcade listen to it?

Thanks again for visiting us, it is a pleasure to speak with you. I think I speak for many here when I say that we will continue to support your career for as long as it lasts, and thank you for your contributions to some of our life-long memories.

9. MarkMurata

MarkMurata New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Favorite Songs

What are your five favorite songs of all time?

10. gucciiphone5

gucciiphone5 Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Being a big fan of yours since mega man. And being a big fan of Nintendo (Japanese ) my mom born from Tokyo and my grandma too. How long does it take for you to make the music for mega man and ect? Also what inspires you to make such classic music like mega man? And future games

11. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hello eddylee!

From Matsumae-san herself:

1. This is the 3rd time I am working with a non-Japanese studio. But for this project, this is the one I've been involved with the most and longest. It's quite fun!

2. My favorite series is Fire Emblem, and my favorite title in that series is Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

3. I can see that Indonesia's games industry will continue to grow and get larger. I hope that everyone in it works hard to ensure its continued growth and success!

12. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hello Woodrith!

1. I use a Synthesizer to make music, and then I look at the type of the game to see which instrumentation fits best. For Target Acquired, I went with instrumentation that best reflects the game's futuristic theme.

2. I have great memories about all of them. Honestly, it's really hard to choose. I suppose the original Mega Man sticks out since it was my first project, and without it I might not be doing this today.

3. I love music from the 80's, and love Toto and Queen. As for inspiration, Pat Metheny, who is a jazzist.

13. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi xzeldax3!

1. The piano! I feel it can be used to show multiple emotions, whether it's gentle, strong, and so forth.

14. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi bobx2!

1. It's been a very long time since we worked together, but I remember him being a very nice and friendly person to work with.

15. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi Quazonk! Thank you for your kind words. I am very honored to have been a part of your child.

1. Currently, I work am a member of gaming-inspired music label Brave Wave Productions. We are working together a number of non-gaming projects. Please check them out on the website! Up to now, I worked with them on World 1-2, In Flux, rainblocks and other projects. I also do work on lullabies, but these aren't commercially available, unfortunately. They're played in elementary schools in Japan only.

16. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi MarkMurata!

I love many songs! This is a tough question! For sure, my top 3 are:

1. Let Us Cling Together by Queen
    2. The First Circle by Pat Metheny Group
    3. Africa by Toto

17. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The announcement of this AMA on the front page has a question as a comment, so I'll ask it here. It comes from commenter "MisterK", and he asks:

"Do you start making music prior to getting any content from the game developer or do you not start until you have received level designs or other content? What is your usual process? "

18. JunJackson

JunJackson New Member

May 29, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Manami

First off all Manami, thank you so much— for the many melodies that you have created that still remain with me to this day. I am sure others would agree that although the NES was limited to the 8-bit sound chip for its playback, with your compositions we could still hear the actual 'instruments' that were intended on the recordings (or sequencing). :p

My question, do you accept any music submissions, and if so where could someone submit them to you?

Thanks,

Jun Jackson

19. MarkMurata

MarkMurata New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Toto

If my memory is correct, the first concert I ever went to was a Toto concert. That was a long time ago.

20. touchten

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi Guys,

sorry for the late post,

the AMA is over, but here is a little something from Manami Matsumae's visit to Jakarta :D

Enjoy and talk soon!