iPhone BANZAI RABBIT from the creators of Karate Champ

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by salsamd, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #1 salsamd, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Frogman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #2 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Edit 12 July:
    Pleased to announce the iPad (all HD) version is out now!
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/banzai-rabbit-hd/id380614706?mt=8

Edit 8th June:
    Officially now BANZAI RABBIT. iPhone version approved for release and OUT NOW!
    iPad to follow in a few weeks.

New screens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey Touch Arcade community we're delighted to share with you some early screens of our upcoming release "Banzai Rabbit" (formerly 'Frogman') for iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad.

Fresh from the success of our re-creation of the timeless laserdisc classics 'Karate Champ' and 'Cobra Command' (thanks to all of you who downloaded!), we've taken a break from working on the sequel to partner with Russian games developer Tangible Games to bring to life a new spin on a much beloved game genre - that of the rabbit/frog/chicken crossing the road to save the world from certain destruction from an evil flea genius while avoiding getting squished by traffic all so he can get his dream girl back.

Yeah I hear you, that old chestnut?! Well trust me this time it's different. Taking its cues from classic sci-fi story 'The Fly', super-hero smash-hit 'The Incredibles', and with a nod to arcade classic Frogger (3rd cousin twice removed), Banzai tells the story of what can go wrong when a rabbit, a flea, and two scientists -one good and one evil - all find themselves involved in a terrible cloning accident - or as we like to think of it 'what can happen when developers have too many cans of RedBull and packets of Doritos + a distinct lack of sunlight').

Banzai Rabbit features loads of gratuitous closeups of frogs, a diverse range of environments, all in full 3D, 50+ levels of increasing difficulty, challenge mode, online scoring, oh and did we mention it's on the iPHONE!

Banzai is currently working out and should be released into the wild in a few weeks time, with a special hi-resolution iPad version hopefully ready a few weeks later.

The New Trailer! Go the full screen and crank the volume!! :)

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It looks awesome! I’m glad to see an iPhone version too.

4. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Wow! Love, love, love those 2D drawings. Think the text-layout (choice of font etc.) needs some work on that very last teaser image though, doesn't have the professional look of the rest of your work. :)

5. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks Nick, and yes I couldn't agree more...err I mean what image? Hmm it was there a second ago :p

6. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    #6 gigidey, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    This looks pretty good, I think I'm going to hold off and wait for the iPad version. Is that going to be on the store on launch?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess the answer is in the OP.

7. sureshvs

sureshvs Well-Known Member

Nice! An interesting twist on an age old game. Looking good guys!

8. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #9 Revolutionary Concepts, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    How many frogs does it take to screw up a lightbulb (moment) ?

OMG just when i was through playing Frogger, Frogger Inferno comes along, and now a mere 2 weeks later Frogger Pad just came out! We love us some frogger round these parts but Konami you are spoiling us, sooo delighted to see it's the exact same game but err bigger and oh oh I think I see a bonus new splash screen. <insert crickets chirping>

No seriosuly this is not an April fools joke.

9. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Damn. I need an iPad so bad right now. Hire me as your in house tester please thanks.

Konami hasn't really treated the Frogger franchise well over the years. Leave it to the fans to create something that is more of a true Frogger sequel than any of the rehashes that have been pumped out over the years. I hope you guys make a killing on this one

10. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #11 Revolutionary Concepts, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    hehe I hear ya. Spare a thought for us poor schleps in Australia with nary an iPad to be seen. *We've tired of the paperipad we put out in Feb.

I wouldnt mind so much but another 99c to not have to press the 2x button? Come on Konami it's that option right there in the SDK called "Universal App" hehe.

Update: Just posted some new images of Frogman on the iPhone version thread : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=44429&page=6

11. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
  12. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    This looks very nice :)

13. antispin

antispin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Editor, tech and gaming websites
    Looks great! Will buy it so fast my head will spin

14. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Quote / Revolutionary Concepts :

"Frogman is currently working out and when our coders stop licking him in the hope of absorbing his "magical powers" should be released into the wild in a few weeks time, with a special hi-resolution iPad version hopefully ready for the early April launch."

Great Quote . . . Have the coders stopped licking frogs yet? :) Any word of a possible release date? This one looks like a must buy!!!!!!

15. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Looks really nice!
    Any news on a possible release date, or a price for the iPad version?

16. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    hehe. yeah our launch timeframe turned out to be a bit optimistic - easy to lose track of time due to the hallucenagenic properties of frog muccus :)

Frogman iPhone is a wrap (more on that next week ;) and the special lilipad edition is realistically 3-4 weeks after.

Getting iPads to our teams in Australia and Russia partly to blame, but has given us time to improve many things.
    We think you'll enjoy.

Meantime we made Cobra Command 100% free for all to enjoy.
    Currently sitting pretty in the T100 Charts.

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I regret selling my ipad now..

18. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Why did you do that?

19. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Thanks for the reply - sounds like it's gonna be super!!! I've enjoyed Cobra Command for quite some time now, too!!! Hope you get some much deserved attention by making it free!!!