AdMob advertising worth it...?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Scraff, Feb 22, 2012.

?

Have you used AdMob to advertise your App/Game?

1. No, not at all

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes - Free App - Good Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - Free App - Bad Results

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Yes - Paid App - Good Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - Paid App - Bad Results

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Scraff

Scraff Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Hi guys,

So my new game Save the Monster is now uploaded and Waiting for review to be released. Im considering using AdMob, ive used it before with not much results, as I was advertising a paid app.

Has anyone had any experience using AdMob to advertise FREE apps/games?

I think the reason AdMob fails for paid apps is that people dont download after clicking. So has anyone had any experiences?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Scraff

Scraff Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Nobody had any experience with AdMob?

3. TheGreatWhiteApe

TheGreatWhiteApe Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Games Designer, animator, writer
    Melbourne, Australia
    AdMob works depending on the App

Hey Scarf,

We have used AdMob a few times to help promote our best apps. It is always hard to tell exactly how successful individual parts of a larger marketing campaign are, however based on experience AdMob can be a good alternative or add-on to banner advertising, and self promotion which needs to be booked weeks if not months in advance.

I think that the only issue with inApp advertising is that you are targeting a market of users using free apps primarily, and from our experience there are 2 clear types of users on the store, those that are happy to pay for apps(5%) and those that only grab free apps, 95% (a much larger percentage). There is obviously a cross over as everyone has a bit of both.

So you will be marketing mainly to the free audience.

If you do use AdMob, try targeting iPads, the banner ads are much larger so you can make more of an impact and we have found that the iPad market has a much higher percentage of users that are happy to pay for quality content.

AdMob can be good to help get those few extra purchases iun the first few days to get things moving, even if it costs you $20 a sale once you work out the success ratio, it might still be worth it to get your moving.

4. James Green

James Green Member

Sep 30, 2011
    admob is good..
    if you have global traffic try some platforms like mobclix,adiquity...
    I have got good results from them...