Polar Rollout: Line-drawing action physics puzzler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by supafly129, Nov 2, 2015.

1. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    #1 supafly129, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    UPDATE ***AVAILABLE FOR FREE PRE-ORDER NOW - WATCH NEW TRAILER BELOW & CHECK END OF THREAD FOR DETAILS!***

NEW TRAILER

Hey everyone,

I'm reaching the final stages of development for my first game Polar Rollout. The goal of the game is simple - guide the character to the portal by drawing trails of ice. Master new physics-based mechanics that are introduced as the game progresses.

If interested you can also follow my development here @Supaflyindie

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alpha Gameplay Preview

2. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Whoa lot of action, you put a lot of effort into it! Nicely done will try for sure, how much time did you spend to create it :)?

3. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    #3 supafly129, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Thank you! I've been working on it part-time for a couple years, I had to teach myself how to design the graphics and code everything so took longer than expected :D

4. #4 RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Just noticed that supafly had a thread for this! Really pumped for this release. We have both beta tested each other's games and I can say that this one is extremely polished, especially for a first time entry from a one man dev team. Really hope it gets a feature because it deserves it. Was not expecting the amount of content and detail when I first played. Make sure and check this one out. Dev is an awesome guy as well.

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    This looks interesting, I'll keep an eye out for its release! Does it have Game Center?
    I played some line games before and will try to find the forums, maybe it has comments that are useful for you.

6. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you! :D Yes Game Center will be included. I will post some updated screenshots/animations soon!

7. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
  8. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks bud! I actually played sliding sam a while back and loved it. Almost got to the very end but got stuck lol. Also interesting that we both ended up with an "arctic" theme, I guess ice just makes sense when we think of sliding on a path.

The comments have also been really helpful, hoping to improve upon an frustrations players have had in the past with these types of games.

9. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
  10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    It all looks very professional and polished to me! Looking forward to the release!

11. The art is great. Love that animation, looks like a cartoon I would've watched as a kid, really impressive. Excited to see shots of the updated graphics. Love how the fish remind me of Mario, but still has its own look to it.

12. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the extra motivation guys!

13. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here's a preview of the pineapple cannon mechanic in one of the uniquely-themed beach worlds. Wanted something that would add more flavor to the gameplay and it seems to fit very well. This of course means that timing becomes very important, which makes for a great challenge you progress through the levels.

The music for this world is also very tropical and upbeat, so it's definitely one of my favorites!

[​IMG]

14. Man, the art and detail is definitely improved from the first time I saw this game, and it looked great then. Waiting patiently for you to launch it. :D

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Congrats on your upcoming first release! Thanks to Mr. Rossman for directing me here :) I've been a fan those line drawing mechanics since I played Kirby - Canvas Curse on DS way back when. Looking forward to playing your game when it's released!

16. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you! I'll have to thank him as well next time we chat :D

Interestingly enough I haven't had a chance to play Kirby Canvas Curse quite yet, but I hear it's really fun. I've always been a fan of old school Kirby games so I should definitely give it a shot.

I'll also be sure to post more updates on my game in the meantime!

17. shobhit.samaria

shobhit.samaria Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Awesome

That is amazing work for a one man dev and that too for a first game. Take a bow.
    Needless to say, the game looks great. Looking forward to it.

18. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    #18 supafly129, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Hey guys! Here's a new look at one of the unlockable characters and power-ups.

The good news is that Polar Rollout is nearly complete. If anyone is interested in testing/helping squash bugs before release, feel free to let me know :)

https://twitter.com/Supaflyindie/status/787424154387488768
    [​IMG]

19. Looking really good! Excited your close to releasing and looking forward to the Beta!

20. supafly129

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA